Poor pictures of stamps but you get the idea....

Old July 6th 05, 05:02 AM
dkat

Default Poor pictures of stamps but you get the idea....

copy and paste the following directly into your browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=1&y=-a6ov10

Some work best to create something like a medallion (putting a small pancake
of clay on the piece and stamping this - or stamping the excess clay on the
tail of a handle, etc), some work well as repeated patterns, others as a
simple addition on the rim, etc.

As I said they are fun ways to use up scraps of clay.

Donna

Old July 6th 05, 05:54 AM

i have a stamp i made from an old LARGE chess set. the king piece made
a great stamp master. i smashed a coil of clay over his nose. i use
that stamp on a ball of clay & put a hole in the mouth for a simple
stick incense burner.

i sometimes use the stamp with a bigger wad of clay as a simplistic
foot on pieces. or as an accent point on pots. or to hide my finger
print on assembled handles on mugs & pitchers.

http://www.dataflo.net/~mpurintun/st...himinarias.JPG

see ya

steve

Old July 6th 05, 07:50 AM
Jack Ouzzi

dkat wrote:
copy and paste the following directly into your browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=1&y=-a6ov10

Some work best to create something like a medallion (putting a small pancake
of clay on the piece and stamping this - or stamping the excess clay on the
tail of a handle, etc), some work well as repeated patterns, others as a
simple addition on the rim, etc.

You have to 'sign up' to view the photo album, how dull .......... lots
more free for others to view albums out there Donna, but thanks anyway
;-)

Old July 6th 05, 05:06 PM
D Kat

"Jack Ouzzi" wrote in message
oups.com...

dkat wrote:
copy and paste the following directly into your browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=1&y=-a6ov10

Some work best to create something like a medallion (putting a small

pancake
of clay on the piece and stamping this - or stamping the excess clay on

the
tail of a handle, etc), some work well as repeated patterns, others as a
simple addition on the rim, etc.

You have to 'sign up' to view the photo album, how dull .......... lots
more free for others to view albums out there Donna, but thanks anyway
;-)

OOPS! This link should not require sign in.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-53cfj6

I'm sorry - that was a mistake on my part. They probably aren't worth your
time in any case and I would not have posted in the first place had it not
been requested. This posting was really meant for Marianne.

Old July 7th 05, 01:39 AM
Bubbles

"dkat" wrote in message
copy and paste the following directly into your browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=1&y=-a6ov10

Some work best to create something like a medallion (putting a small
pancake
of clay on the piece and stamping this - or stamping the excess clay on
the
tail of a handle, etc), some work well as repeated patterns, others as a
simple addition on the rim, etc.

As I said they are fun ways to use up scraps of clay.

Thanks Donna!

Wow! What a collection! I will try to make some of my own as I go. Thanks
for the inspiration!

Marianne

Old July 7th 05, 01:40 AM
Bubbles

"D Kat" wrote in message

OOPS! This link should not require sign in.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-53cfj6

I'm sorry - that was a mistake on my part. They probably aren't worth
your
time in any case and I would not have posted in the first place had it not
been requested. This posting was really meant for Marianne.

And you see? Lots more of us wanted to see too! Thank you so much for
posting!

Marianne

Old July 7th 05, 04:56 AM
Lori

Donna,

These are terrific! Thanks so much for sharing.

Lori

Old July 8th 05, 01:23 AM
Stephanie Coleman

Thanks Donna, these were great. I especially liked the rings that you can
roll along for a border or something. I had a classmate once who made
rolling stamps by using a hot glue gun to put a design on pvc. I used these
once and they worked great!

--
Stephanie Coleman
University of Phoenix Online

alt email:
706.467.9579

Old July 8th 05, 02:31 AM
dkat

"Stephanie Coleman" wrote in message
Thanks Donna, these were great. I especially liked the rings that you can
roll along for a border or something. I had a classmate once who made
rolling stamps by using a hot glue gun to put a design on pvc. I used

these
once and they worked great!

That is a great idea! I wonder if you could find rubber designs that you
could glue onto the PVC as well? When I see rubber stamps they are giving
away I buy them and stamp into clay pancakes then create ceramic stamps out
of the negative. If you could pull off or cut off cleanly the rubber from
the wood it might be usable. Something new to try... I love playing!