Pressing and Cutting Paradigm Shift needed

Old July 30th 03, 06:48 PM
AliceW

On the subject of glue, this may work. I had my little boy pup neutered
yesterday and when I picked him up the doctor reviewed the home care for
him. He showed me the incision to let me see what it should look like in
case it became infected or inflamed, and then he said there are no
stitches - they glued the incision shut!!!! I will look at SuperGlue in a
whole new way now!

--
Alice in NJ
RCTQ - "Royal Cybrarian"

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
frood wrote:

Spare bed? Thanks, Dannielle! I needed that laugh! Won't be any spare

beds
around here until at least 2 of the kids go to college! :-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Dannielle Beitzell" wrote in message
Just a thought, but if you press a piece and then cut off what you

need at
that moment, but you don't want to fold it again, do you have a large

wall
that you can somehow attach it to so that it won't get those nasty

fold
marks? Is there a spare bed that you can leave it lay out or do one

fold
over (much faster to iron than 20 of the dang things)? Heck, I'd even

try
to fold it around a pillow to help reduce those creases....

Can you tell that I have a crease problem too? I haven't tried any of

these
yet....so let me know if anything works! ;-)

--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

Spray the ceiling with glue and chuck it up there!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 30th 03, 07:17 PM
Charlie

Superglue was invented in the vietnam war for use on field patients! As BF
was telling me a few weeks ago:

"They just scrunched it up, shoved it back in and stuck it together".

Charlie.

Old July 30th 03, 10:23 PM
Patti

Hullo Wendy
And if this clothes horse *is* one of the old wooden ones, in case it
has any splinters, you can wrap each rail with torn strips of fabric (eg
old sheets). My Mum did that on hers when it started snagging
stockings!!! It looked like it had been completely bandaged - but it
really worked g
..
In article , frood
writes
A flittering flit of a friend just emailed me about such a solution, and by
George, I think that's the ticket! I have a clothes horse, up in the attic.
Our last house had so little towel hanging space that we really needed it.
This house has 3 full bathrooms each with lots of towel rods. I know - I
installed them! G And I have a little space next to my sewing cupboard
where it can live when not needed.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 31st 03, 12:32 AM
TerriLee in WA

Amazingly enough, SuperGlue has been in use for medical applications
since the Vietnam war. (DH was a scrub tech in the USAF) They used it
for quick field fixes, so they could safely get them to more sterile
medical facilities.

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
frood wrote:

[...]

TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
;-)
my real email is tlbishop at earthlink dot net

Old July 31st 03, 12:42 AM
nzl*

omg, girl.
i started reading u'r post, got half way thru and had no idea how i do it or
how to help, then thot 'just do it'.
then thot silly question. you got too much time on your hands.
then i opened the thread and saw gazillions of replys. there goes my day
reading just this thread in case i'm missing something or doing it wrong.
arghhhhhh, dont want those quilt police knocking at my door.
jeanne*
--
RCTQ Houston 2004 Party Animals
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....

"frood" wrote ...
| I need to fundamentally change the way I prepare fabric for cutting. My
| current system is time-consuming, and keeps me from doing mass cutting at
a time.

| Currently, I:
| - Gather the fabric to be cut
| - Press it, one or two pieces together if they are the same size
| - Lay it over the half-wall in the bathroom (my pressing area) or on my
bed
| (for large pieces)
| - Take the pieces to the dining room for cutting
|
| The problem is, if I want to do a lot of cutting (like I have this mad
hair
| about cutting strips from each of my fabrics), I don't have enough time to
| do all the ironing at once, then do all the cutting. If I just do enough
| ironing to match the amount of time I have for cutting, (say I have 30
| minutes {well, just pretend!} I can spend 15 minutes pressing, and 15
| cutting) this does not get much done.
|
| I cannot think of a way to store the fabric after it is pressed to keep it
| wrinkle free enough to cut it another day.
|
| I'm looking for ideas here. How do you do this? Press and cut as you go?
| Devote an entire day for it? (in my dreams!) Have a QI-free sanctuary for
| pressed fabric?
|
| --
| Wendy
| http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm
| de-fang email address to reply

---

Old July 31st 03, 01:27 AM
AliceW

Yes!

--
Alice in NJ
RCTQ - "Royal Cybrarian"
www.ourcyberfamily.us
"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still likes you."
Elbert Hubbard

"frood" wrote in message
.com...
The kids or the fabric?