OT I can't take it.

Old August 4th 03, 11:19 PM
Deborah

Default OT I can't take it.

"vj" wrote in message
i can't stand it.
i can't be without a dog.
cat's are wonderful, and i wouldn't trade mine.
but i NEED a dog.

so - the surveyors were here today.
the fencing material will be delivered this week, and then we start
setting posts and stringing fence. it's going to take longer than i
want, because i want a dog RIGHT NOW, but i'm trying to be patient.

i'm considering:
http://www.goldengatecorgis.org/abou...out_corgis.htm

or:
http://www.goldengatecorgis.org/abou...out_corgis.htm

lol....I've been there! About 9 years ago, I was going through doggie
withdrawal. I became a dog magnet...they ran up to me on the street,
when we'd go hiking, everywhere. I finally got my sweet Annie, a
border collie/sheltie mix. Then, a few years later, we adopted Piper, my
wonder dog,
from Border Collie Rescue. I am so much happier with pups in my life!
I hope they get your fence in ~quickly~ and you get your dog fix very soon!

Best,
Deborah

Old August 4th 03, 11:51 PM
Dr. Sooz

Hey Vicki -- how about corgi rescue groups? I'm seriously thinking about them.
Have to watch their spines, but they are so wonderful. And the rescue ones
KNOW they've been rescued. They make the most fabulous pets! After we buy our
house, of course.......CORGIS ! ! ! !

http://www.corgiaid.org/

http://www.pembrokecorgi.org/affiliateclubs.htm

http://www.asapnokill.org/breeds.htm

~~
Sooz
-------
"Selective deafness, it's a wonderful thing." ~Kathy N-V
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old August 5th 03, 01:47 AM
Dr. Sooz

rescue groups?

the one for N. Cal. doesn't have any - and i'd take one on a bet.
they said their list comes out the 15th of each month, and they're
going to send it to me!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
~~
Sooz
-------

Old August 5th 03, 01:59 AM
Beadesignr

Subject: OT I can't take it.
From: "Deborah" OSPAM

I finally got my sweet Annie, a
border collie/sheltie mix. Then, a few years later, we adopted Piper, my
wonder dog,
from Border Collie Rescue.

Hooray! You adopted a rescue dog!!!!
Evalynne
http://www.beadsuncommon.com
Beads Uncommon Lampwork
Think Uncommon Jewellery

Old August 5th 03, 02:00 AM
Beadesignr

i adore Border Collies. they're the
smartest things on 4 feet. but i don't have anything for one to do,

Not all of them are hyper. My BC is a real cuddle-boy.
Evalynne
http://www.beadsuncommon.com
Beads Uncommon Lampwork
Think Uncommon Jewellery

Old August 5th 03, 02:57 AM
Deborah

"Beadesignr" wrote in message

Not all of them are hyper. My BC is a real cuddle-boy.
Evalynne
http://www.beadsuncommon.com
Beads Uncommon Lampwork
Think Uncommon Jewellery

Exactly the same with Piper. He's a couch potato, although he loves to leap
and run, too. Annie's a little peach, and loves to sit and cuddle.

Best,
Deborah

Old August 5th 03, 03:03 AM
Deborah

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
Let me second, third and fourth the recommendations for breed rescue. I'd

never get a dog any other way. This link tells a little bit about the
process:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/pets/breed-rescue/

Kathy N-V

I wish the process of getting ~any~ dog was run as well as the rescue group
we dealt with. We had a phone interview, an in-home inspection and
interview, and had to supply them with references from our vet to make sure
we understood all the aspects of dog responsibilities. I think this would
help cut down on the number of animals that wind up at the shelters.
(I do understand that it's a laborious process; but I love that they do it!)

Best,
Deborah

Old August 5th 03, 03:05 AM
Deborah

"Beadesignr" wrote in message
Hooray! You adopted a rescue dog!!!!
Evalynne
http://www.beadsuncommon.com
Beads Uncommon Lampwork
Think Uncommon Jewellery

Yes! And we'd have a dozen of them if we had more room. Next house! Yeah!

Best,
Deborah