OT SNOW***************

Old December 19th 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

Default OT SNOW***************

It is 11:30 p.m.in Maryland, east coast (U.S.) time & it is
snowing************

Nana staying in with DH & doing some much over due sewing & keeping warm

Old December 19th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Have fun with it. I've sent it your way. We ended up with about two feet
here after it finally quit yesterday. Valdez really got hit though. 74.6
INCHES! Lucky them. Not really. I hope Melissa, my teacher friend there,
is surviving. Now it is getting cold again. Supposed to be below zero for
the next three or four days. I don't care. I'm home on break, starting to
relax and cleaning off my sewing table to spend some time with fabric.

Steven
Alaska

Old December 19th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

It is almost 7:45AM here on Saturday morning. On my morning walk I had
to take off my sweatshirt, there is a Santa Ana wind up. Never good
since we really haven't had much rain so the fire danger goes waay up.

My snow this morning was the leaves raining down from the trees. As
they crunched underfoot I thought of you guys with the white
stuff.....

Ginger in CA

Old December 19th 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

Hey Ginger!! Wanna trade??? HUH? DOES YA?? We haven't even been out today
& we MIGHT NOT!!

Nana BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old December 19th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

At 2 in the afternoon here inland from Ginger it is 65 degrees
out and really pretty. There is a whole lot of snow on the
mountains that we can see. We drove down to the OC
Thursday and it was just the prettiest drive. When all the
folks are tired of the cold stuff they are welcome to come
out our way. No shortage of houses around!
Taria

Old December 20th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

We have at least 18 inches so far in my part of NJ. We'd go out and measure
it but Kirby would surely get out and he is only 14 inches tall. You see
our dilemma.......

--

Alice in NJ

:

Old December 20th 09, 07:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

dont worry bout it, Alice.
he'll show up again come spring, well we'd hope so anyhow.
j.

"AliceW" wrote ...

Old December 20th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchystitcher

We have 30" here and it's still coming down lightly. The drifts cover
some mailboxes on the block. I can't open the sliding doors because
the snow is up to my waist.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Queen of Boxtops

Old December 20th 09, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

I am very happy to report that ALL the snow went south of here!!!
(sorry Linda)
And we probably won't see anymore until Tuesday, maybe an inch or so.
I am so very glad as I am traveling west for Christmas!! It can snow
again when
we get back on Saturday!!
amy in CNY (except it's cold here...19 F)
Old December 21st 09, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:02:58 -0800 (PST), amy in CNY
wrote:

I am very happy to report that ALL the snow went south of here!!!
(sorry Linda)
And we probably won't see anymore until Tuesday, maybe an inch or so.
I am so very glad as I am traveling west for Christmas!! It can snow
again when
we get back on Saturday!!
amy in CNY (except it's cold here...19 F)

My DH looked at the weather map, gave his best mad scientist laugh,
and danced a jig.
I asked him if he had had anything to do with it, and he told me that
it has been years since he bartered a deal between Jack Frost and Heat
Miser. (For the uninitiated that is a Rankin/Bass TV Christmas
special reference)

NightMist
--

Legolas is my house elf