Why I quilted this year

Old December 17th 09, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

Default Why I quilted this year

This has been a trying year for me. First my son's death this spring
and then my mother's death this fall. Quilting gave me something to
occupy my mind. For the most part it did a
very good job. Having something to focus on while my hands were busy
helped so much.
At times I sewed with tears streaming down my face, but I continued to
sew and completed
quite a few quilts. The tears still come but less all the time. I
truly think that sewing got me
through this year, I don't know how I would have stumbled though
without quilting and friends.
Old December 17th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Bonnie NJ wrote:
This has been a trying year for me. First my son's death this spring
and then my mother's death this fall. Quilting gave me something to
occupy my mind. For the most part it did a
very good job. Having something to focus on while my hands were busy
helped so much.
At times I sewed with tears streaming down my face, but I continued to
sew and completed
quite a few quilts. The tears still come but less all the time. I
truly think that sewing got me
through this year, I don't know how I would have stumbled though
without quilting and friends.

(((((((((((((Bonnie)))))))))))))

Michelle in Nevada
Old December 17th 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchystitcher

Comforting cyberhugs.
Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Queen of Boxtops

Old December 17th 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Bonnie, I agree. Quilting is so many things. Sometimes I quilt for
comfort, sometimes to comfort. Sometimes I'm truly inspired and sometimes
it's just plodding on because of the needs. Know in your heart that the
preemie quilts contributed to Newborns in Need in honor and memory of your
son are hugging sweet little ones who need lots of love just to survive; and
know too that we hold you close in our hearts and prayers. There just is no
grief and pain harder than the ones you are bearing. Polly

Old December 17th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Bonnie NJ wrote:

This has been a trying year for me. First my son's death this spring
and then my mother's death this fall. Quilting gave me something to
occupy my mind. For the most part it did a
very good job. Having something to focus on while my hands were busy
helped so much.
At times I sewed with tears streaming down my face, but I continued to
sew and completed
quite a few quilts. The tears still come but less all the time. I
truly think that sewing got me
through this year, I don't know how I would have stumbled though
without quilting and friends.

{{{Hugs}}} to you Bonnie. I can't imagine how you've made it through.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old December 17th 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

{{{{{ Bonnie}}}}}
i sure do admire how you've managed with a double whammy of a year.
who knew a person could go thru so much tp.
j.

"Bonnie NJ" wrote ...

Old December 17th 09, 05:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Dec 16, 7:19*pm, Bonnie NJ wrote:
This has been a trying year for me. *First my son's death this spring
and then my mother's death this fall. *Quilting gave me something to
occupy my mind. *For the most part it did a
very good job. *Having something to focus on while my hands were busy
helped so much.
At times I sewed with tears streaming down my face, but I continued to
sew and completed
quite a few quilts. *The tears still come but less all the time. *I
truly think that sewing got me
through this year, I don't know how I would have stumbled though
without quilting and friends.

What you've written is so very true for me. The year of my dad's
illness,
and all the surgeries I had that year, then he passed away, and
through
all of that, I had this log cabin going. I didn't get to work on it
much, but
it's what I would look forward to. If I got a whole evening, I'd
think, "I
can work on my quilt." And for a few hours, I was lost in the colors,
matching seams. I was making decisions about the quilt, instead of
making decisions about Dad's declining state. I had complete control
over the outcome of that quilt, where I had none over the rest of my
life.
I could spend the time doing nothing but thinking and working things
out
in my head while I quilted. Or I could put on music, and let my mind
become
a total blank and become lost in what I was doing.
That quilt saved my sanity, along with friends.
I understand completely, and believe with all my heart what you just
said about
quilting getting you through it.
The love of quilting is a gift. Maybe that's the purpose of the gift.
Whether I never do more than turn out mediocrequilts, that's not the
point at all.
Thanks for your very thoughtful post.

Sherry

Sherry
Old December 17th 09, 07:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Bonnie NJ wrote:
This has been a trying year for me. First my son's death this spring
and then my mother's death this fall. Quilting gave me something to
occupy my mind. For the most part it did a
very good job. Having something to focus on while my hands were busy
helped so much.
At times I sewed with tears streaming down my face, but I continued to
sew and completed
quite a few quilts. The tears still come but less all the time. I
truly think that sewing got me
through this year, I don't know how I would have stumbled though
without quilting and friends.

((((((Bonnie))))))

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 17th 09, 08:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

You've been through the mill, Bonnie. Well done for all you have
accomplished, in spite of your grief. Finding something you could
concentrate on, in a little world of its own, helped I'm sure. So much
sorrow will not easily be surmounted. I truly hope you will find more
peace next year.
..
In message
,
Bonnie NJ writes
This has been a trying year for me. First my son's death this spring
and then my mother's death this fall. Quilting gave me something to
occupy my mind. For the most part it did a
very good job. Having something to focus on while my hands were busy
helped so much.
At times I sewed with tears streaming down my face, but I continued to
sew and completed
quite a few quilts. The tears still come but less all the time. I
truly think that sewing got me
through this year, I don't know how I would have stumbled though
without quilting and friends.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Yay! top is quilted Marigold Quilting 17 August 9th 08 06:07 PM
Quilted Diamonds AliceW Quilting 16 August 23rd 06 12:35 PM
a first quilted project klh Quilting 2 July 4th 06 06:12 PM
hand quilted! Roberta Zollner Quilting 11 December 2nd 04 09:31 AM
just quilted my first 3 squares Judy W Quilting 10 October 10th 04 10:07 PM