The Annual Christmas Jokes

Old December 11th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Default The Annual Christmas Jokes

And now, back by popular request -
actually there have been other requests but we will ignore them.

What you've been waiting for
(a drum roll here by Pat's Corps would be effective)

Am I procrastinating? Are you ready? Nahhh. Well, I know but here goes:

Why did The Three Wise Men drive red trucks?

They were coming from afar.

Merry Christmas, Polly Esther

Old December 11th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Coleen

Oh yayyyyyyyyy, I got my sick computer back from the shop just in time to
not miss the Annual Polly Christmas joke. Sorry for not reading and posting
much but the computer had a problem and had to go see the computer doctor.
Hugs and prayers to those that need them. Merry Christmas to those that
celebrate.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
(having to mark everything as read to catch up)

Old December 11th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Now the Christmas Season has *truly* begun!!!! I need to go do some
shopping and some baking and make another batch of caramels, and.....

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 11th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Polly Esther wrote:
And now, back by popular request -
actually there have been other requests but we will ignore them.

What you've been waiting for
(a drum roll here by Pat's Corps would be effective)

We're ON it, Polly ... and PROUD to do
so!! I am hoping Tutu's Drums join the
melee.

Am I procrastinating? Are you ready? Nahhh. Well, I know but here goes:

Why did The Three Wise Men drive red trucks?

They were coming from afar.

Merry Christmas, Polly Esther

Yah-Hoo!! And Merry Christmas to you,
too. PAT in VA/USA
Old December 11th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

I'm so glad I looked at the group this morning! Your joke has made my "going
to be a not so great" day into a "not so bad" day.....thanks!

Laurie G. in CA

Old December 11th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

This one just in from my friend, the weatherman. Apparently, the weather
wasn't much to talk about this morning.
One Sunday, in counting the money in the weekly offering, the pastor of a
small Florida church found a plain pink envelope containing $1000.

It happened again the next week.

The following Sunday, he watched as the offering was collected and saw a
little old lady put the distinctive pink envelope in the plate. This went on
for weeks until the pastor, overcome by curiosity, approached her.

Maam, I couldnt help but notice that you put $1,000 a week in the collection
plate, he stated.

Why yes, she replied, every week my son sends me money, and I give some of
it to the church.
The pastor replied, Thats wonderful, how much does he send you?

The old lady said, $10,000 a week.

The pastor was amazed.

Your son is very successful; what does he do for a living?

He is a veterinarian, she answered.

That is an honorable profession,

the pastor said. Where does he practice?

The little old lady said proudly, In Nevada. He has two cat houses in Las
Vegas and one in Reno.

Old December 11th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

My precious little mother truly was that naive. Thank goodness none of her
sons were veterinarians. Polly

Old December 11th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

Thanks for this story! Great way to start the day with a big laugh!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

Old December 11th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

What do you get if Santa goes down the chimney where a fire is burning?
Crispy Cringle

Thanks, Polly! My dad talked like that. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy--fondling the brushed cotton (feels like fleece g)
for the next quilt

On 12/11/06 9:42 AM, in article ,
"Jacqueline in KY" quilter at mountain-breeze dot com wrote:

Oh Polly, I love this one I have used it in clown skits many times
around the holidays.

Jacqueline in KY