SM Update

Old June 29th 04, 10:44 AM
Sharon Harper

Default SM Update

Well as you know Gerty was out getting fixed. Came home today and alas,
cruel world, she is unfixable. Her Timing Belt "perished" was the word he
used and he could not obtain spare parts as Wertheims are no longer made.

She came home with most of her insides in an old ice cream bucket. What I
am wondering is do I call the original repairman and see if he can get a new
timing belt or do I just let her go? I can't afford several hundred dollars
in repairs but if it were up to $100 I'd prolly pay it just to have a
reliable spare on hand.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

Old June 29th 04, 12:46 PM
Polly Esther

It may take some determined stalking but I'll bet that a decent substitute
for her timing belt can be found. Please do call your original repairman.
Lots of my insides are in an old ice cream bucket and I know the feeling.
Polly

"Sharon Harper" wrote Well as you know Gerty was out getting fixed. Came

Old June 29th 04, 02:31 PM
nana2b

Call the original guy and see what he says, it is worth the call. Also you
might try to google Wertheim and see if there are any groups where you might
find other Wertheimer owners that have been there done that. Linda

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old June 30th 04, 05:35 AM
Joanna

I would think you could pick up a spare for cheaper than $100. But
that's my two cents and I know how we become attached to our SM's.
Joanna
Remove Quilt to reply

Old June 30th 04, 06:00 AM
Sharon Harper

Spare part? Spare Machine? Don't forget I have the Swingin' Singer
(currently packed in it's desk and used to show off / stack my current
quilty projects) which works quite well. And now I have Jammin' Janome
(thanks mum!). Old Gerty Werty isn't gettin' chucked out just yet. My Dad
(who has myriads of connections and friends in all types of jobs) is going
to have a look-see and see what he can turn up. Plus next pay-day I'm gonna
call the original repair-guy (rotten horrible person that he is) and see
what he can locate. So who knows - Gerty may live again!

Old July 2nd 04, 03:12 PM
Dr. Quilter

so attached in fact that I could have traded mine in for 100 bucks off
my new one and it is still sitting downstairs instead... )

Joanna wrote:
I would think you could pick up a spare for cheaper than $100. But
that's my two cents and I know how we become attached to our SM's.
Joanna
Remove Quilt to reply

--
Dr. Quilter