new big bernina?

Old December 6th 09, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kratersge

Default new big bernina?

When I had my machine in to diagnose the BSR problem, they were
setting up this monster for a class -- the 820. WOW.

I've seen this on the web, but seeing it in person is different. It
has this monster throat, a 9 mm width on the fancy stitches, places to
put big cones of thread, super sized bobbins. It gives a stitch
speed, but since I can't find any stitch speed given on for the aurora
440, I can't compare it. It would be nice to be faster -- I can make
much smoother curves when I go fast, but I'm always bumping up against
the max on the 440.

But would I *really* want to trade my machine in for a $7500 model????
Yikes.

Susan K
see my quilts: members.cox.net/kratersge
Old December 6th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

sounds like a marvelous machine.
i cant imagine what they'll charge here for it...
exchange rate not bad now at 72 cents, freight, 12.5% tax,
omg. nope dont think i'll be getting one anytime soon.
j.

"kratersge" wrote ...

Old December 6th 09, 07:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

My first car cost $3400. Brand new. I know that was approximately
10,000 years ago, but I still sort of use that as a guide when
thinking about buying things. I really love that new Pfaff. I've
played with one and it's sweeter than you can imagine. But I will
never, ever own one. At least not until old ones start turning up at
Goodwill stores in 20 or 30 years.

Sunny
if I could, I would in a minute
Old December 6th 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Funny the benchmarks we use. When I bought my Bernina
930 it cost more than the car I was driving was worth. I
had been left a bit of money from a great uncle and had planned
for years to get a nice machine. It was a splurge because money
was kind of tight at that point but that machine
was worth every cent. I still enjoy using it for certain tasks.

Taria

Old December 6th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
kratersge wrote:

When I had my machine in to diagnose the BSR problem, they were
setting up this monster for a class -- the 820. WOW.

I've seen this on the web, but seeing it in person is different. It
has this monster throat, a 9 mm width on the fancy stitches, places to
put big cones of thread, super sized bobbins. It gives a stitch
speed, but since I can't find any stitch speed given on for the aurora
440, I can't compare it. It would be nice to be faster -- I can make
much smoother curves when I go fast, but I'm always bumping up against
the max on the 440.

But would I *really* want to trade my machine in for a $7500 model????
Yikes.

Susan K
see my quilts: members.cox.net/kratersge

Susan, I'd get the 820 in a heartbeat if I could. The money is a big
problem G, but even worse is that I just bought my sewing cabinet last
year, and it couldn't support the weight of the 820. And I can't see
going anywhere with a machine that heavy, so I'd want to keep my lovely
630 (I'm not at all unhappy with this machine!), and I don't have room
for both. My decision isn't difficult at all. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net

Bernina 830!! Donna in NE La.[_4_] Quilting 13 September 1st 09 03:26 AM
Bernina - is it just me? TinaR Quilting 15 May 22nd 08 01:02 PM
Bernina 316 Glenn Barry Sewing 2 January 12th 06 01:56 AM
Bernina is well again!! Kate Dicey Quilting 4 January 7th 06 06:05 PM
Bernina 930 help? KCK Quilting 7 February 10th 04 02:19 PM