Cleaning random metal charms

Old August 22nd 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Keller

Default Cleaning random metal charms

I hope someone can help me with this. I bought a little collection of
metal charms and pendants off eBay and some of them are very dirty and
I'd like to clean them. However, all the charms are different metals
and I have no idea what. Is there one universal thing I can clean
them with without harming any of them? There's also an enamel one
too.

Thanks!
Old August 23rd 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
A Beaded Affair

On Aug 22, 3:00*pm, Keller wrote:
I hope someone can help me with this. *I bought a little collection of
metal charms and pendants off eBay and some of them are very dirty and
I'd like to clean them. *However, all the charms are different metals
and I have no idea what. *Is there one universal thing I can clean
them with without harming any of them? *There's also an enamel one
too.

Thanks!

Hi,
I would try lemon juice with some salt added first. It is non toxic,
smells good and gentle. The only thing to remember is lemon can bleach
a bit so if you are not sure about anything being color fast I would
not use it. Works great on copper and silver.
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com
http://www.abeadedaffair.etsy.com
Old August 23rd 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Aug 23, 3:33 am, A Beaded Affair wrote:
On Aug 22, 3:00 pm, Keller wrote:

I hope someone can help me with this. I bought a little collection of
metal charms and pendants off eBay and some of them are very dirty and
I'd like to clean them. However, all the charms are different metals
and I have no idea what. Is there one universal thing I can clean
them with without harming any of them? There's also an enamel one
too.

Hi,
I would try lemon juice with some salt added first. It is non toxic,
smells good and gentle. The only thing to remember is lemon can bleach
a bit so if you are not sure about anything being color fast I would
not use it. Works great on copper and silver.
Loishttp://www.abeadedaffair.comhttp://www.abeadedaffair.etsy.com

As Lois says that: vinegar with salt works too, in case you don't
have lemon juice.

Maren
Old August 24th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
C Ryman

For the enamel charm I would try just soap and water first.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old August 26th 08, 01:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Keller

Thanks everyone, I'll give it a go tonight and let you know how it
goes. I thought probably lemon juice, but didn't want to go dunking
these things in something that might harm them!

OT - Random Thoughts Anna W. Beads 3 November 18th 04 03:42 PM
Semi-OT - random awesomeness :) Kalera Stratton Beads 4 June 13th 04 03:32 AM
random squishing CNYstitcher Quilting 11 April 4th 04 12:07 AM
Ad: New Metal Accents and Charms! Bizzy Bee Rubberstamps 0 November 14th 03 05:44 PM