Brown's Snake Oil

Old February 17th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

Default Brown's Snake Oil

To the two of you who asked for a sample, the goop is in the mail.

Frosty

P.S. Can you please post your thoughts on this stuff after using it?
P.P.S. I used some with a separating disc yesterday. NICE!

Old February 21st 07, 08:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
m3rma1d

Frosty wrote:

To the two of you who asked for a sample, the goop is in the mail.

Aw dammit, apparently I missed that convo..
(I came down with the peeneumonia* the day before Valentime's* & have been
pretty "out of it" to say the least)
But I've been wanting to try the "snake oil", too.

I love that you call it snake oil, by the way--when he posted to Orchid about
name suggestions, I was kinda sad no one suggested
that one.
Or maybe someone did and I missed it when I was deep in the throes of
fever-madness--I've got serious catching up on messages to do.

For a while now I've thought about writing the guy to ask him directly for a
sample.
He seems kinda busy lately getting it ready for marketing & whatnot though, so I
didn't wanna bug him & add anything to his plate.

So, would you be able to send me a smidge if I gave you a coupla bucks for yer
time & postage?
Lemme know :-)

*for people who might read this & think I'm an r-tard--don't be silly, of
_course_ I am!
It's not because I dunno how to spell or speak properly, though.
I purposefully spell/say both of these words the wrong way, 'cos I think it's
really funny (which, incidentally, is one of the
little quirks that make me the aforementioned "special person" that I am... !)

--m3rma1d
--
To reply by email, carefully remove my panties.

Old February 21st 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 07:44:56 GMT in rec.crafts.jewelry "m3rma1d"
, intended to write something
intelligible, but instead wrote :

Frosty wrote:

To the two of you who asked for a sample, the goop is in the mail.

Aw dammit, apparently I missed that convo..
(I came down with the peeneumonia* the day before Valentime's* & have been
pretty "out of it" to say the least)
But I've been wanting to try the "snake oil", too.

We had a bit of a conversation on here about cutting oils and spit and
I suggested that I would send a sample to the two comers who were
sniping me about it.
If you write to the dude on Orchid he'll send you a little jar to
sample.
Or if you write to me offlist (my address is good) I'll send you less
in a little zip lock.
You don't need to pay me.
I'm gonna back the guy financially because I think it's the best
product of its kind I've ever used.

I love that you call it snake oil, by the way--when he posted to Orchid about
name suggestions, I was kinda sad no one suggested
that one.

I wish you would tell him this either offlist or on Orchid (I prefer
the latter.)
I've suggested this to him a number of times buy he is without humor
and doesn't see that, while yes, "Snake Oil" *HAD* negative
connotations in the past, all those who see snake oil as negative are
long dead & buried.

Or maybe someone did and I missed it when I was deep in the throes of
fever-madness--I've got serious catching up on messages to do.

For a while now I've thought about writing the guy to ask him directly for a
sample.
He seems kinda busy lately getting it ready for marketing & whatnot though, so I
didn't wanna bug him & add anything to his plate.

So, would you be able to send me a smidge if I gave you a coupla bucks for yer
time & postage?
Lemme know :-)

yeah. see above.

Old February 21st 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Frosty wrote:
To the two of you who asked for a sample, the goop is in the mail.

Frosty

Well,

I received a rather suspicious looking envelope today. It was a very
greasy envelope, with a stamp from Knoxville, TN. Like it had been in a
puddle of oil or someone had left an oily rag lying on it for some time.

Upon opening the envelope, I found a very greasy piece of paper, with
what seemed to be the printout of a snowman on it, and ... an empty 2 x
3 ZipLock bag.

Whatever oily substance might have been in that bag, was now impregnated
in the paper and the envelope. It must have leaked out of that bag in
transit. I did see some remnants of what looked like light yellowish
goo. Actually it looked quite like sperm. You couldn't have, you
didn't, did you?!?

In any case, there was nothing in the envelope of any use.

P.S. Can you please post your thoughts on this stuff after using it?

I would have liked to, if there would have been anything to use.

P.P.S. I used some with a separating disc yesterday. NICE!

On separating discs?!? That's like using sand paper with a lubricant. I
always use separating discs without a lubricant.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old February 21st 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 07:52:14 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry Abrasha
wrote:

On separating discs?!? That's like using sand paper with a lubricant. I
always use separating discs without a lubricant.

And what's wrong with coolants and lubricants with sandpaper? Wet/dry paper,
for example, is specifically made for that, and in industry, many instances of
grinding operations are done with lubricants of one sort or other. Those nice
3M sanding films last longer and cut quicker without loading up with a bit of
water to help, even if they don't actually need it to work for example. The
function is not just to cool, but to help carry away the dust. In the case of
seperating disks, the work doesn't get as hot, and especially with the fragile
very thin ones, you'll break a lot less of them. And they seem to cut a bit
faster too. Obviously, not all abrasives need or work with coolants or lubes,
but many of them require it. Use your diamond abrasives for a lot of work
without coolants/lubes, and you'll be replacing them a lot more often, for
example... Try it. You might find, to your surprise, that you like it. Even
traditional woodworking sandpaper sometimes gets used with a bit of water
(raises the grain, needed for some uses, or with some types of sanding in
between coats of some finishes...

And yeah, the zip lock seems like a slightly leaky shipment method. But my
ziplock seemed to have fared better. Pretty flattened, but still a pretty good
shmear of the yellow/brown goo to try. See if you can salvage enough from
your zip lock to try it once or twice. I'll bet there's enough to drill a
couple holes, at least...

Peter
Old February 22nd 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:52:20 GMT in rec.crafts.jewelry Abrasha
instead wrote :

Frosty wrote:
To the two of you who asked for a sample, the goop is in the mail.

Frosty

Well,

I received a rather suspicious looking envelope today. It was a very
greasy envelope, with a stamp from Knoxville, TN. Like it had been in a
puddle of oil or someone had left an oily rag lying on it for some time.

Upon opening the envelope, I found a very greasy piece of paper, with
what seemed to be the printout of a snowman on it, and ... an empty 2 x
3 ZipLock bag.

Whatever oily substance might have been in that bag, was now impregnated
in the paper and the envelope. It must have leaked out of that bag in
transit. I did see some remnants of what looked like light yellowish
goo. Actually it looked quite like sperm. You couldn't have, you
didn't, did you?!?

Well....
No.
I don't like you that much, man.
But seriously, I've been in touch with Randy (the guy who makes it)
and he's gonna send me some more to give away. I still have your
address and so I'll send it in something that won't leak and have you
thinking weird thought about me.

In any case, there was nothing in the envelope of any use.

P.S. Can you please post your thoughts on this stuff after using it?

I would have liked to, if there would have been anything to use.

P.P.S. I used some with a separating disc yesterday. NICE!

On separating discs?!? That's like using sand paper with a lubricant. I
always use separating discs without a lubricant.

Yeah I always do too. But it was there and I said, what the hell...
I'll always use it from now on.
I used it on a #6 file today. And before you ask, I prefer #6 files
like I prefer 10/0 sawblades, though I have some 3/0 and some #4's as
well which I use for some things.

AD: Snake Skin Cindy Schoepp Beads 5 February 16th 06 12:07 AM
soldering snake chain slawdog Jewelry 9 October 28th 05 04:49 PM
certainly way OT - a black snake problem Queen of Squishies Quilting 17 May 4th 05 07:57 PM
Masterbating with a snake 3709 Nurse Ratched Quilting 0 April 15th 04 12:52 AM