Looking for Gold Chain and Toggles

Old July 13th 05, 05:39 AM
katieW.

Default Looking for Gold Chain and Toggles

Anyone have any suggestions on where to find bulk gold(or gold-filled)
chain and gold or gold-plated toggles at good prices?

I checked the links list, but didn't really see anything that made me
say WOW!

I almost always work in silver, but with the fall colors being so warm,
I need to lay in a supply of gold. I am going to get headpins andstuf
from South Pacific, but they can't really help on the chain or
toggles....

Thanks!!!!

Katie

Old July 13th 05, 08:03 AM
Lilyflower

I'm thinking of buying some things from Halstead because you don't need
an ID number. I'm not done comparing prices, though. I just got a
catalog today and they clearly have a lot more silver than gold. They
do have a big selection of silver chain.
I'd be interested in your final decision.
Peace,
Lilyflower

Old July 13th 05, 02:46 PM
katieW.

I've ordered from Halstead before. Yes, much more silver than gold.
So-So prices on silver and gold, but limited gold selection. They have
fairly good Swaro prices, but they don't carry the widest selection....

Last I checked you did need a tax id number.... not to doubt you, I
just would hate for you to get all the way through figuring out what
you wanted and then not be able to buy it!

Katie

Old July 13th 05, 03:33 PM
Georgia

CGM's promotional prices can't be beat. But they have a $100 minimum order.

Georgia

"gwacie" wrote in message
I always like CGM Findings for bulk chain but they don't have a good
website. You have to either catch them at a wholesale show or phone them.
I think it's worthwhile though, their prices are usually the best I can

find
or close to it.

go to www.cgmfindings.com or call 800-426-5246 to request a catalog.

oups.com...

Old July 13th 05, 08:53 PM
Christina Peterson

Under no circumstances would I buy gold plate for jewelry of quality. It
just wears too fast. And especially not for toggles which rub against each
other and wear even faster. Gold filled toggles are harder to find than
gold, and my best luck has been finding them on eBay.

Tina

oups.com...

Old July 14th 05, 01:11 AM
katieW.

Yes, you are right, and I mis-spoke. Not plated, but gold-filled.

Toggles and chain.

What is CGM? (pardon my ignorance.)

A $100 minimum is not gonna be a problem. I am out, and I mean OUT of
gold chain and Toggles.

A serious replenishing of my stock is happening between the 3 buys I am
running. (2 already announced, and the third will be for whatever bulk
chain supplier I decide upon)

Katie
(preparing to be really, really, broke... )

Old July 14th 05, 02:06 AM
Georgia

Katie Wrote:

What is CGM? (pardon my ignorance.)

Don't think I know what the initials stand for; Gwacie gave you a link to
their site.

"go to www.cgmfindings.com or call 800-426-5246 to request a catalog."

They sell findings and metal (Bali-style) beads and a few supplies. I bought
from them at Tucson a few years ago, and get a postcard every couple of
months with advertised specials. I've bought from them a couple of times,
but most of the time when I need findings I don't need $100 worth, LOL.

They are a big enough operation that at the international gem and jewelry
show that occupies ALL of Tucson in February, they had booths at several
different shows.

Hope this helps,

Georgia

Old July 14th 05, 03:39 AM
BeadHappy

My favorite toggles I get from HHH Enterprises.
http://estore.hhhenterprises.com/e/ They are a little heavier than the
first ones I found, and don't come undone like some toggles can.

MonaLS - Hayward, CA
WebRing - The People of Rec.Crafts.Beads:
http://tinyurl.com/d567d

Old July 14th 05, 05:11 AM
katieW.

Georgia:

Thank you for posting that. Gwacie's whole message didn't come through
my browser, only the first line about "try CGM... "

which left me very baffled! LOL

Katie