New York help

Old March 14th 04, 01:15 AM
Pam and Phil Jacoby

Default New York help

Hi-I've never posted hear before but enjoy reading the posts. I'm hoping
someone can help me. I'm heading to NY City the end of April and was
wondering if anyone could recommend some 'must go to' bead shops and or
wholesalers. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, pam

Old March 14th 04, 02:19 AM
ellen

I am not able to buy wholesale so I don't know what the price reduction
would be at the following stores - but the selection is great and they are
all within 2 blocks of each other in the Garment District. (Undoubtedly
there are many wholesalers in that neighborhood too.) You'll find
Swarovski, seed beads (mainly Matsuno but Toho Shoji has some Miyukis),
Czech firepolish, semiprecious stones, glass beads, all sorts of findings
including sterling silver and vermeil, and various other beads and
accessories. Definitely a fun way to spend a few hours.

Toho Shoji

990 6th Ave [betw. 36/37th St.]

212-868-7466

http://www.toho-shoji.com/ny.html

10% discount w/Bead Society of Greater NY card

NY Beads

1026 6th Ave [betw. 38/39th St.]

212-382-2994

5% discount w/Bead Society of Greater NY card

[Between Toho Shoji and NY Beads is a store called MJ Trim. It actually has
2 locations on the block, one for trim and one for buttons. You'll also find
Czech seed and firepolish beads there.]

Beads World

1384 B'way [38th St.]

212-302-1199

http://www.beadsworldusa.com

10% discount w/Bead Society of Greater NY card

. ..

Old March 14th 04, 08:03 PM
Dr. Sooz

Scroll down to New York City (this is the NY state list, alphabetical by city):

http://www.guidetobeadwork.com/local...es/NY.cty.html
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 14th 04, 08:20 PM
Deborah

"Pam and Phil Jacoby" wrote in message
Hi-I've never posted hear before but enjoy reading the posts. I'm hoping
someone can help me. I'm heading to NY City the end of April and was
wondering if anyone could recommend some 'must go to' bead shops and or
wholesalers. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, pam

Hi,
Acme Designs - 1170 Broadway - 212-532-0023 (mainly Chinese items)
Big Stone - 1180 Broadway - 212-779-9888 (semi-precious and more...)
W. 37th Street has Elvee Rosenberg and Elliot Greene - both good for glass
Metalliferous - all things metal - on 46th Street - 212-944-0909

Have fun!

Best,
Deborah

Old March 14th 04, 08:38 PM
Pam and Phil Jacoby

Thank you all for your help. I'm going to check these out! pam
"Deborah" wrote in message
Hi-I've never posted here before but enjoy reading the posts. I'm hoping

Old March 14th 04, 10:27 PM
Dr. Sooz

Excellent source of Swarovski!! I do most of my buying he

Crystals Xpress eBay Store
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=208059&ssPageName=L2
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 15th 04, 03:56 PM
Pam and Phil Jacoby

Thank you Sooz-I love Swarovski's and these prices are great. pam
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Excellent source of Swarovski!! I do most of my buying he

Crystals Xpress eBay Store
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=208059&ssPageName=L2
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old March 21st 04, 04:51 PM
Lilith0516

i buy all my beads here..

Pheonix Beads 37th between 5th & 6th (they have wholesale and a retail store on
that block)

Bead World on broadway between 37th and 38th

NY Beads on 6th between 38th and 39th

York beads on 37th bewteen 5th & 6th

hope this helps..
sandy