The Fabric I Won is Here! :)

Old September 24th 03, 01:02 PM
Johanna Gibson

Default The Fabric I Won is Here! :)

Hiya folks. I was just emptying the dishwasher when the door buzzer
sounded. I thought it must be the parcel that I arranged to have
delivered today and which has a customs fee, so I went and fetched my
chequebook. The UPS man said there was no charge, so that was a bit
odd until I opened it. It is the competition fabric and it is waiting
to be washed!
I counted it all up and there are 15 meters, and - they gave me 3.5
meters of the dark blue watery swirls, which was my favorite when I
viewed the collection online. There is a meter and half of the dark
red swirls. I am in heaven. There is a meter of light blue, a
meter of light green, a meter of pale yellow (these are all crackled
looking) and various meter lengths of what looks like brightly colored
mosaic pieces from a smashed vase, if you know what I mean. I have
lengths of the mosaic effect in blue, green and a multicolor.
If my eczema weren't so bad, I would be swimming in it just now.
(The sizing drives my skin crazy). As it is, I think Sasha (QI) is in
there just now making "tents" out of the fabric. She likes helping,
and pretending she's camping I think.
That means another big fabric parcel is still to come. This must be
Fabric Day. Oh joy! They gave me a free pattern as well, and I can't
wait to start making stuff out of this lovely fabric.
Thanks for letting me share.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old September 24th 03, 01:39 PM
Mel Rimmer

In article , Johanna Gibson
writes
snip
Thanks for letting me share.

Thanks for sharing. Reading about your "fabric day" is almost as good as
being there myself. Now I can't wait to see the fabulous quilts you make
out of all that exciting fabric (and when you're done, you know where to
post the scraps ;-) )
--
Mel Rimmer
Old September 24th 03, 02:05 PM
Janet of Gar

Johanna,

I wanna see! Where online did you see this fabric?
It sounds yummy.

Happy stitching,
Janet of Gar

Old September 24th 03, 02:14 PM
Patti

Hullo Jo
Sounds wonderful. I can only imagine what it must be like to be
surrounded by so much lovely fabric. I saw your name in the magazine
this month!! and had a little smile - I know her g
You'll have a great time thinking up what to make with it. Will they
all co-ordinate with one another - or will it have to be several
quilts?!!
..
In article , Johanna Gibson
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 24th 03, 02:53 PM
Kate Dicey

Johanna Gibson wrote:

[...]

Sounds fab! When do we get to see it?
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 24th 03, 08:35 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Johanna Gibson wrote:

[...]

Woohoo! S.E.X. -- and free at that -- coming right to your door! Does it
get any better than that?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net
Old September 24th 03, 09:47 PM
Shona in NZ

Ooo Jo,

How sweet of you...your going to share! My address is in the "register" if
you have it otherwise give me a yell and I will send it along o:-)

Shona practicing in NZ

Old September 24th 03, 11:56 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:47:36 +1200, "Shona in NZ"
wrote:

Ooo Jo,

How sweet of you...your going to share! My address is in the "register" if
you have it otherwise give me a yell and I will send it along o:-)

Shona practicing in NZ

"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message
.. .

Thanks for letting me share.

-- Jo in Scotland

I shall have to be more careful with my grammar in future.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old September 25th 03, 02:28 AM
Shona in NZ

Nah, you just gave me a chance to practice my un-blatant begging.

Shona taking advantage of Jo in NZ

Old September 26th 03, 12:54 AM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Vicariously enjoying your fabric.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
2 down, 4 to go & my fabric talks to me Diana Curtis Quilting 4 August 12th 03 03:40 AM
Wonky Fabric Rant Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 15 August 8th 03 12:50 PM
72 Excuses for Adding to Your Stash Debbi Quilting 16 July 29th 03 12:18 PM