crafter's choice books

Old July 3rd 04, 03:07 PM
Stella Fenley

Default crafter's choice books

Would like the input of info on crafters choice books.Are they really worth
it or not.
Have anyone in the group gotten any books from them before. Thanks for
information .Stella

Old July 6th 04, 03:45 PM
Dawn Alguard

Stella Fenley wrote:
Would like the input of info on crafters choice books.Are they really worth
it or not.
Have anyone in the group gotten any books from them before. Thanks for
information .Stella

Are you talking about the book club you can join? I joined it. They
have a wide variety of books and they're the same ones you would get
anywhere else. It's like any club - you get a lot of books for not much
in the beginning and then you have to buy some more at somewhat inflated
prices when you include the S&H. I think it works out to my benefit
plus I so enjoy getting the flyer every month and browsing through all
the interesting topics.

If there's only one kind of craft that interests you - such as crochet
or knitting - I'm not sure you'd find a very large selection. It's more
the variety than the thoroughness that's appealing.

Dawn

Old July 7th 04, 08:57 PM
Kayrun

I belong to this book club.
It's been my experience with
book clubs that I do best if I
get in & get out.....
in other words, get my bargain
books, buy enough to fulfill
my commitment, then quit the
club.
That way I don't get stuck with books
I don't want, paying much more with
shipping.
Other than Crafter's Choice, I buy most
of my craft books from Amazon.com with free shipping for over $25 of books.
Karen G.
Old July 8th 04, 12:38 PM
MaryR

Even getting the first few books at a bargain wasn't worth
it to me. I actually ended up seeing those books on the
very cheap not long afterwards. And then you're on their
mailing list...you just can't get rid of them!

Old July 8th 04, 10:17 PM
Katherine

Stella Fenley wrote:
Would like the input of info on crafters choice books.Are they really
worth it or not.
Have anyone in the group gotten any books from them before. Thanks
for information .Stella

I joined it years ago, Stella, and would not join it again. THere were
months and months when there was nothing I wanted from them. And I could
often get the books elsewhere cheaper. Just my opinion, though. Maybe other
people had a better experience.

Katherine

Old July 9th 04, 04:01 PM
Rhonda

I find the craft book clubs to be a real bother. I agree, the best is
to get in and get out. After I select my free books - there really
aren't many others that I want.

What works well for me is the library. There are some GREAT pattern
books that range from brand new to quite old.

Good health to all -
Rhonda