Boron Nitride release agent

Old November 8th 04, 05:46 PM
Boner the Cat

Default Boron Nitride release agent

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience using the Boron Nitride release agents with
Stainless?

thks

--
"Poor people have access to the courts in the same sense that Christians had
access to the lions."

- Judge Earl Johnson Jr.

Old November 8th 04, 06:46 PM
Javahut

"Boner the Cat" wrote in message
. ..

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience using the Boron Nitride release agents with
Stainless?

thks

Yup, I love it, and I don't know all the tricks, but I airbrush it on my
Stainless molds.
Have a small tray and a floral former that I have bent a great number of
pieces on.

I am going to do a larger one in the next couple of days, I want to try
making some sinks in different curves and see what is marketable. That will
be a large 21" mold, in fact two of them, plus a WOK is on its way, bet I
know more about the stuff when I get done with them, (by Friday, I hope.)

Old November 8th 04, 10:27 PM
C Ryman

Yes, it works well on metal. I have the BN aerosol spray can and you just
spray it on. A lot easier then trying to get a good coat of kiln wash on
steel. BN does not seem to be a good kiln shelf primer.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old November 8th 04, 11:54 PM
C Ryman

ZYP Coatings at http://zypcoatings.com/
Their web site is a little strange, look for Boron Nitride Aerosol
Lubricoat. It comes in blue or white, I have the blue color but I don't
remember why.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old November 13th 04, 01:37 AM
Javahut

"Boner the Cat" wrote in message
the blue is supposed to turn color when worn off.

Thanks, for this info, got a can of the aerosol today to try this weekend.

The blue is in case any sticks to the glass (windshield) it will not be as
noticeable as the white ..... stuck to the windshield.........