New Log Cabin Quilt

Old February 19th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default New Log Cabin Quilt

Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...CabinQuilt.jpg

John

Old February 19th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 18, 9:03 pm, Jacqueline
wrote:
Oh that is so pretty, I just love the use of the colors here and the
layout.

John, You do excellent work, hope your quilting widow enjoys it, it
beats being a football widow, at least you have something to show for
your time.

Jacqueline in KY

On 18 Feb 2007 17:08:48 -0800, "John"
wrote:

Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...ng/?action=vie...

John

Actually she is my biggest fan. Very supportive. We went to the store
and she helped pick out the colors so that she would get something
that she could feel a part of. I didn't try to steer her in any
particular direction as to colors. When we came to a decision, I
deferred to her choices and she is very happy with it. It was fun to
make and I probably will do others of that design. It was done in a
marathon endeavor over the course of 1 week. She said I should get the
all time speed award.
Not sure about that. Fun.

John

Old February 19th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA \(state\)

Beautiful, John. Lovely colors and layout. I just wish I could finish
things as fast as you do. "Quilting widow" indeed. She could do what my DH
is doing, and set up her own space for sewing. He made ascot-like things
yesterday, for the American Legion Riders group he belongs to.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

oups.com...

Old February 19th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Wow, John, that's gorgeous. I'm curious. I notice that your center
sashings are a little wider than the others. Were you following a pattern
or was this a design element that seemed like a good idea on your own?
Never saw that before (of course, there's lots I've never seen) but it looks
wonderful. Polly

Old February 19th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Really beautiful John. I shared it with my DH and he thought you did a great
job too.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

oups.com...

Old February 19th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.

wow!

Anne

Old February 19th 07, 07:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Beautiful...... just beautiful. I can't believe how quickly you're
getting your quilts done! Weren't you the one that said he was ready for
a "break" a few weeks ago? :-

Patti in Seattle

Old February 19th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

I *love* this one! I like the way you have a wider sashing in the centre!

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old February 19th 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

That is great John, I love it!! Hope DW does too!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

oups.com...