Questions for Hug Hostesses

Old August 11th 04, 08:26 PM
Jalynne

The questions aren't so much of a "deserving" nature, more of a do I really have time
right now or does this tug at my heart type of thing. I don't have time or resources
to contribute to them all, although I hope that this winter to be able to host one if
necessary. I think it's more a matter of being human and having limitations, rather
than whether there is caring or not. If I'm unable to contribute, I still pray for
that person, no matter who it is. I think those prayers and positive thoughts, as
well as those from people who can tangibly contribute, get quilted in there.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Jan" wrote in message
link.net...
While the need may be there, I still think every hug is questioned by
someone. And that truly makes me sad, and even more upset when it
disrupts the usually friendly nature of this group. It's like arguing
if someone deserves to be loved and accepted. And if the hug isn't well
recieved you are saying something loudly. That truly breaks my heart.
And you can tell that it has definitely caused some long term hurt
feelings. So... in reality, I can say everyone has a tough time at some
time in thier life. And if your tough time coincides with someone
else's tough time, understanding and patience would be a good thing in
my humble opinion. I am truly greatful that people who deserved one,
but I didn't have time for, don't hold it against me. That is a true
friend.

Jan

ekoluvr (Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply ) wrote in
:

From: "Queen of Squishies" hicall80@ mchsi.com

As keeper of the list I can tell you that just about every other Hug
is questioned by somebody or other. .....

I'd be willing to bet that Janet's Fire {{Quilt}} didn't get
questioned by
anyone :-). When a person loses absolutely *everything* in a fire --
even their cat babies -- I don't think there would be one person who
would question the need for a {{{HUG}}} :-)). CiaoMeow ^;;^
.

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
their WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

Old August 11th 04, 08:31 PM
Queen of Squishies

I have the updated list, if someone knows how to post it publicly for
everyone to see.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old August 11th 04, 08:39 PM
Pat in Virginia

This thread has generated some thoughtful responses. One thing I
would mention is to include some $$ or postal stamps to offset
the cost of mailing the quilt to the Huggee. (Not for overseas,
unless you happen to have some of the Host's currency or stamps.)
With the weight of the quilt, and perhaps some goodies that the
Huggers include, the package gets real heavy, so the cost could
go past $15, depending on insurance and distance of course.
Perhaps instead of sending goodies to the Host to mail with the
quilt, the generous donor could mail those directly to the
Huggee. No need to mention the quilt, just send as a squishy.
That keeps down cost to the Host, and gives the Huggee an
IMMEDIATE treat!! G

PAT in VA/USA

Diana Curtis wrote:
Id like to open a discussion about making Hugs or group quilt projects.

....cut...

Old August 11th 04, 09:26 PM
Pat in Virginia

Well, Rose, I can't let that one go. I for one participate when I
am able, based on my personal commitments, not on 'popularity'.
In fact, I don't think I've sent a Hug block in AGES. Had other
obligations and our own problems here. But every time I read
about a Hug project, or a problem, I sent my very good wishes and
prayers. So I am always an invisible and silent participant, even
if I don't send blocks or even answer notes.

Rose, I agree 'popularity' should not matter. However,
participation may not necessarily hinge on liking or not liking a
person. It MAY be about whether or not people recognize the
Huggee's name! Perhaps some people don't feel comfortable
participating when the person is a complete stranger. Besides,
I've NEVER heard anyone say "I don't like that Black Rose in
NY!!" So, don't go away mad. Of course there is the little matter
of your overdue chocolate fee!!! Do you have my correct address?
Send two pounds to "Queen of Everything's Palace, Official RCTQ
Chocolate Taster, Virginia, USA"
PAT in VA/USA

the black rose wrote:

Queen of Squishies wrote:

Yeah, that was a bummer. Not many people knew you guys yet, for one
thing.

Popularity shouldn't have mattered, quite frankly, and the fact that
popularity DOES make a huge difference is the main reason I left the hug
list. I know I'm not precisely liked around here.

Old August 11th 04, 09:35 PM
Pat in Virginia

Diane:
First I want to state that the Keeper of the Hug List, Karen,
does us all a worthwhile service and I appreciate her
contributions. (Thanks Karen!!)

Now I would like to address the issue of the Host including
people other than those on the Hug List. There are a number of
people who are not on the List who would contribute now and then
to Hugs. They just don't HEAR about them! Back in the day, before
we had a Keeper of the List, here is how we 'organized' the Hugs.
We just sent notes to as many people as we could, and asked them
to pass the word along. I think that should be continued, ALONG
WITH the Hug List.

PAT, closing out now to get ready for Virginia Real Quilt Group
Meeting tonight. (YES That is how we spell it but *I* did not
vote for that!!!!) Anyhow, I am excited to show off that vintage
top I purchased yesterday.

Diana Curtis wrote:

Id like to open a discussion about making Hugs or group quilt projects.

....cut...
My goal is to help those who might wish to host one avoid or anticipate the
most common problems, and encourage those people who would like to donate
blocks or time to a Hug to feel less shy about doing so.
Diana

Old August 11th 04, 10:34 PM
Queen of Squishies

Please......just send chocolate......

Karen, Queen of Squishies
blushing modestly
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Old August 12th 04, 01:17 AM
the black rose

Ellison wrote:
Btw: Anytime someone says "Nobody likes me" on this group, she or he can
go dig her/his own plate of worms and sit down in the midst of her/his stash
and eat 'em all by her/his own self.

If I'd said that, I might agree, but I didn't say that, and I don't give
a flying banana if I'm popular or not. All I need in life to be happy
is my family and a few good friends and time to spend with them; if I
cared whether or not I was popular with a group of people I've never
met, I should have my head examined. Admittedly, the observation would
have been better left unsaid, but I have a migraine and I say things I
probably shouldn't when I have a migraine; gee, how rare and unusual,
and nobody else here *ever* says things they shouldn't when they have a
severe headache. (And if you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale.)

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old August 12th 04, 01:31 AM
Queen of Squishies

gentle hugs for the migraine, Rose

Next time I get one......... can I take a look at that bridge?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Old August 12th 04, 03:14 AM
Pat in Virginia

Uh Karen, the job descriptions a
*Keeper of List, Karen: maintains list of hugs in progress
(chocolate? nada!)
*Official RCTQ Chocolate Taster, Pat in VA: receives, tastes,
evaluates chocolate

You do you job and I will do mine!!

PAT, munching in Virginia

Queen of Squishies wrote: