Store with older fabrics?

Old June 3rd 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Store with older fabrics?

These days I am thinking it could become one quilt every ten
years for me ROFL

--
Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
: In article ,
: Susan Laity Price wrote:
:
:
: Be reasonable gals. If the average quilt takes 10 yards
of fabric we
: should not purchase more than 100 yards a year.
Completing 10 quilts a
: year would be good for the average quilter. Backing
would take another
: 5 yards so you can purchase 150 yards a year. After that
much any
: fabric purchase just becomes decoration for the shelves
in your
: studio.
:
: Susan
:
: Oh dear, I am so below average.
:
: TEN a year!?!
:
: marcella

Old June 3rd 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Now cool fabric found online what could you do with this... was... More stash Store with older fabrics?

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 18:46:58 GMT, Jan wrote:

Hmmmmmm great ideas!! Thanks!! I really like it.. but I'm not a
placemat kind of gal... I have a granite outdoor table sitting in the
dining area vbg So I need quilting ideas......

Um, what do you mean by quilting ideas? I meant those as quilt block
ideas, so do you need block setting ideas, or quilting motifs, to go
with them? How big a quilt top gets is completely up to how many
blocks you are willing to make, block size, and how you use the
blocks. It could just as easily be a king sized bed quilt as a table
runner. All it takes to make a table runner big enough for a bed is
more blocks or bigger blocks, bigger or more numerous borders,
alternate plain blocks, sashing between blocks, and/or setting blocks
on point. Almost any combination will work. Just let thoughts of
those fabrics run around in your head for a week or so, draw some of
the block ideas on paper to see what you like the best, and soon you
will see the perfect quilt in your mind's eye.

By the way, a bigger applique block can be gotten by fussy cutting
circles out of the plate print, cutting a blender or solid fabric in a
circle an inch or two bigger than the first print, then layering them
onto an even larger square background. For a bigger pieced square
block you could add more than one set of fabric strips around the
fussy cut squares until the block is the size you like.

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old June 3rd 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes - that's a good target!
..
In message , Cats
writes
These days I am thinking it could become one quilt every ten
years for me ROFL

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 4th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 03:16:35 GMT, Jan wrote:

Debra, I just wanted to apologize again. I really loved your ideas.
Things just blew up around here today and I should have just stopped
typing instead of typing while maintaining chaos. Thank you for all of
your wonderful ideas! And again, I'm just so sorry.

No problem Jan! Last night I sent a reply to another news group and I
hadn't even typed the first word. I thought I had typed a reply, but
no. At least you typed something, even if it did confuse me.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old June 4th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Now cool fabric found online what could you do with this... was...

I love that whole line. It is really neat looking and I have been
wondering what to make with it too. (There is more than that shown in
the link you posted.)

Pati, in Phx

Jan wrote:

ROTFL... well..... be forewarned... they are Christmas/Santa fabrics vbg
But not usually what you think of.... and I think I'd have a hard time
cutting it into smaller peices... http://tinyurl.com/ncvyb but it's such
a cool looking fabric that I am thinking on it vbg What would you all do
with it???

Old June 4th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The rest of the line is lighter shades of blues in the same prints. G

Pati, in Phx

Debra wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:58:13 GMT, Jan wrote:

Hence the warning... didn't want to offend anyone or push my personal
beliefs.... but it's a cool looking antique in not the usual bright
colors.... so from an artistic and only artistic point of view is the
question coming from. I haven't come up with anything besides placemats or
table runner..... it's too dark without cutting it up... but I can't figure
out how I'd cut it up... so.... there ya go....... what has stopped me
vbg

Bbbbut they are too pretty to cut!

Still, I have some ideas. You could use very pale blue, silver, navy,
gold, and white fabrics with them. Black might work nicely too.

Fussy cut squares out of the top 3 fabrics and add coordinating strips
around the four sides; or use as the center squares of snowball or
star blocks.

Fussy cut circles out of the top three fabrics and applique them onto
a light colored background.

Use the other fabrics as border strips.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Old June 4th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My son readily admits he is a genius. I know I lost my brains when I
had kids so if I lost my brains to a genius I must had been sort of
smart? Yep, I miss my brains too. DD still close enough to call on
when I need thinking done : )
Taria

Jan wrote:

:-) Thanks! There are days when I just really miss my brain. vbg

Old June 4th 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

well I won't do it for you :-P

(also a Jess ;-) )

--
Jessamy brain? what is a brain?
In The Netherlands

--
Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva

Old June 5th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT brains Now cool fabric found online what could you do with this...

Jan: Wait ten years. Teenagers know
everything!! Grins, PAT

Old June 5th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Jan: Wait ten years. Teenagers know everything!! Grins, PAT

*snort* You don't have to wait until they're teenagers. My sons have
known everything since they were old enough to talk.

The ultimate Mother's Curse: I hope they have a daughter JUST LIKE ME!!!
Mu hahahaha.

--

blackrosequilts
My train of thought left the station without me.

2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos