curious question

Old September 4th 04, 06:37 AM
Sharon Harper

So ..... um.... is it too early to put my hand up to call for participants
in a stash raid??? LOL. DOn't go Jeanne....DOn't gooooooO!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"nzl*" wrote in message
why shucks, thanks Di!!!
be careful what you wish, lol.
the way things are going i might well have to return for good.
oh dear me, dont ask. its not happening just yet but might do one day.

guess
if it happens i'll have to leave all my stash here too and start all over
again, nooooooooooo, not fair.
i sure will be taking my quilts and any blocks/tops/good stuff with me.

even
if i have to pay for excess luggage, lol.
hugz from 'jafad'
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Diana Curtis" wrote...
We export the stupids ones. Some of them anyway. Sometimes a smart one

gets
out, and we regret that. We would take NZL* back with no questions. Next
time *W* goes out of the country, do us a favor, keep him?
Diana

Old September 4th 04, 06:41 AM
A&T

I hate to get in a political discussion because nobody ever wins. You
aren't going to change your mind and I am not either.... but.....

I have to disagree. I hit my knees daily and pray that "W" will win this
next election.

The only good thing about Kerry winning is that Hilary will not be president
in 2008.

Tricia

Old September 4th 04, 07:04 AM
Diana Curtis

Well... we will send him to your house then! :-) heehee!
This isnt realllllly a political discussion.. more like a political joke. Im
sure W is a fine human being and that his mother loves him dearly.
Diana :-)

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

news

Old September 4th 04, 04:27 PM
Pat in Virginia

Charlie: FYI: Canada and USA are two different countries!! PAT,
in the latter.

Charlie wrote:
Phew! I mean, I've been reading all about Bush's latest offering and have
been keeping my fingers crossed thinking "PLEASE don't let others be as
uneducated as him..."

Charlie.

"Denise Jameson" wrote in message

Sure Charlie, I know that. :-) What I was trying to recall were
people in the ng who have been here a long time and are oceans away.
I wasn't inferring that Africa was in Europe....but I knew Tutu lives
there and was hoping for an answer from those across the water.

Denise in Ontario, Canada

Old September 4th 04, 04:40 PM
Packrat

really? oh WOW !!

:-P

hehehehehe
--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
http://www.geocities.com/jess_ayad/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charlie: FYI: Canada and USA are two different countries!! PAT,
in the latter.

---

Old September 4th 04, 05:30 PM
DrQuilter

OK, so far one overseas pay per minute vs. a ton of unlimited access,
DSL, cable or dialup.... (not that the odds make a difference, I just
wanted to know how many of us actually were restricted in our access to
the newsgroup).

Shona in NZ wrote:

I pay per minute here in NZ. DSL is an overly expensive option at this
point and flat rates are usually far more than what I pay now per minute.
Granted, if I used internet at home half as much as I use it at work, things
would be different :-)

Shona with only a clunker putt putt at home in NZ

"DrQuilter" wrote in message

not that I am for advertising in this group or anything like that, but a
doubt has piqued my curiosity. every time we get one of those obnoxious
posts somebody brings out the fact that 'some of us' pay per minute. I
know my mom does that back home, but I am wondering how many of us
really do that and how many have a DSL or dialup plan with a constant
rate no matter how many hours you are connected?
--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)

Old September 4th 04, 05:30 PM
Charlie

Eeeek! Sure, just realised my mistake. That really teaches me to read
newsgroups after work when I'm knackered and in need of sleep! I'm going to
crawl into a hole now.

Charlie.

Old September 4th 04, 05:31 PM
DrQuilter

I have DSL, only one phone line, and never had a problem. I am surprised
to hear cable goes out.... DSL never did, so far.

nbhilyard wrote:

Jan, is DSL Deluxe really the fastest? Or do you mean the fastest for a
residence? At the library we have a T-1 line, which is wonderful. (Our
local area network has 75 PCs which are basically on, and online, all day
long.)

DSL only works if you're within 2 miles of the telephone switching
station -- it uses copper wire and that's as far as copper wire transmits
unless it has a booster. Which our SBC/Ameritech does not. [So it was
explained to me by the SBC/Ameritech guy.]

So I have cable modem, thus freeing me from having to have a second phone
line.

Nann

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
.. .

We have DSL Deluxe. DH has to have the fastest access possible for work.

It

is nice. Everything just pops up for me. One fee per month.

Boca Jan

Old September 4th 04, 05:33 PM
DrQuilter

benissimo, Luisa.... 80 euro per mese non e cosi a buon mercato, uh?

Luisa wrote:

-hallo from Genova-Italy I have ADSL .I open pc at 6 in the morning and I
turn off in the night..80 euro a month telephon free but not for cellular
(correctly written?)
Luisa
--------------

Old September 4th 04, 05:35 PM
DrQuilter

ha! I had to bite my tongue on this one... )

Charlie wrote:

You do know that Africa's not in Europe, right?

Charlie.

"Denise Jameson" wrote in message

I believe anyone in Europe pays per minute (could be wrong though).
Tutu (in Africa)) ? Heidi (in Germany)? Can you confirm for us?

Denise in Ontario, Canada