Where does everyone keep their stash??

Old May 5th 04, 03:14 AM
Maureen Wozniak

O my! I just looked at your QI. And gasped and asked DBF who Sasha
looks like.

She's a bigger cat, but still the spitting image of our Maggie Bell.

Maureen

Johanna Gibson wrote:
On Mon, 3 May 2004 14:52:02 +0000 (UTC), "Morag in Oxford"
wrote:

Hi all,

Well, my stash of fabric has now grown to such a size that it's too much for
its current home! up until now it has been stored in a plastic crate, in no
particular order as there wasn't that much to look through when I wanted
something.

But recent Ebay purchases (hubby has banned me from that site!!) and the
fact that we have a Laura Ashley discount store in town has made the stash
overflow its crate. So I need to find some other way of storing it.

How do you all store your fabric? By colour seems the most logical way, but
I could well be wrong. I

Morag

My advice, as always, is to check out the local places for used
furniture. I found an odd cupboard for £25 at Dens Road market, and
you can see my stash and kitty he
http://www.scampi.pwp.blueyonder.co....e/Jo_page.html

The stash picture is from 2 years ago, and is much larger now. I've
had to put collections (fabric set aside for specific projects and
quilts) into the wardrobe of the office/sewing room). Mu hair is
shoulder-length.
Sasha looks pretty much the same.

-- Jo in Scotland

Old May 5th 04, 03:38 AM
frood

Where do you live again?

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"dogsnus" wrote in message
"Morag in Oxford" wrote in
:

How do you all store your fabric? By colour seems the most logical way,
but I could well be wrong. I

This is a very poor,360 degree stitched picture of my sewing room,
but on the right,next to the door you can see the cabinet I use
for most of my stash,which is sorted by color,(and needs re-folded
and organized again,I just noticed.)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...T_files/Sewing
%20Room.jpg
It's just one of those Sander's storage cabinets that didn't cost
much more than 50-75.00 at the time,and I don't mind putting hooks and

holes
on the insides of the doors to hang stuff on.
To the left of the cabinet is an old card table with fat quarters
and smaller pieces stacked on top,and storage bins and bags underneath.

I might mention that since I took that photo,I've since then removed
a lot of books from the bookcase at the left,and am using several shelves
as additional stash room. (I really need to get another cabinet.)

Terri

Old May 5th 04, 01:41 PM
ME-Judy

When our youngest daughter moved out a couple of years ago, I took over her
bedroom as my sewing room. It has the bestest wall-long closet with sliding
doors G My DH put up shelves and I carefully folded everything (by
color/seasonal/type fabric)! Took weeks! But even though it's still not
that well organized, I love it. Of course, my DH teases me that I'm trying
to "insulate" the house with fabric and batting G. But we do need the
insulation up Nawth.
ME-Judy

Old May 5th 04, 02:34 PM
Mary in Oregon

Our son is moving out next month and I'm taking over that room. It will be
nice to have everything in one room rather than scattered around the house.

--
Mary

Old May 6th 04, 03:49 AM
Phaedrine

In article ,
"Morag in Oxford" wrote:

How do you all store your fabric? By colour seems the most logical way, but
I could well be wrong.

My DH has built a number of sewing rooms and closets for me in various
homes. I store my fabrics by type and sometimes sub-type--- Linen,
calicoes, shirting, Harris tweeds, velvet, cotton knits, lycra knits,
batistes, lawns, etc--- just to name a few. I label the stacks which
are on heavy duty enameled-wire shelving. This has also served me well
when we relocated, too, since I just made sure the boxes were
appropriately labeled.
Old May 6th 04, 04:34 AM
Shona in NZ

Oh dear, you all are corrupting me I read "calicoes" as Calories :-O

Shona who has too much chocolate on the brain in NZ

Old May 6th 04, 08:55 AM
Smee

It isn't HOW you store it, it's WHERE you store it that's important. And my
answer is; wherever I can squeeze some more in.

That's my answer and I'm sticking to it.

Smee

Old May 6th 04, 11:29 AM
-- Jo in Scotland

Maureen Wozniak wrote in message ...
O my! I just looked at your QI. And gasped and asked DBF who Sasha
looks like.

She's a bigger cat, but still the spitting image of our Maggie Bell.

Maureen

Well the next time you're in Dundee, you must stop by! You can
watch Sasha sleep by the stash (honest! that's where her special
mama-fur pillow is) or if you're very lucky, she may wake up for a few
minutes. That's how she's aged so well (she'll be 11 in June).. she's
only been awake a few hours of those 11 years.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old May 6th 04, 11:50 AM
Lizzy Taylor

-- Jo in Scotland wrote:

Well the next time you're in Dundee, you must stop by! You can
watch Sasha sleep by the stash (honest! that's where her special
mama-fur pillow is) or if you're very lucky, she may wake up for a few
minutes. That's how she's aged so well (she'll be 11 in June).. she's
only been awake a few hours of those 11 years.

Blackbean follows the same theory of life - she sleeps upstairs in my
room all day then comes downstairs in the evening after the boys have
gone to bed so that she can go to sleep on the sofa! Talk about living
the life of Riley.....

Lizzy

--
Lizzy Taylor
Heywood, Lancashire, UK 53:36:00N 2:06:00E

Old May 6th 04, 12:29 PM
Kate Dicey

Shona in NZ wrote:

Oh dear, you all are corrupting me I read "calicoes" as Calories :-O

Shona who has too much chocolate on the brain in NZ

High fibre diet...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk