OT - nothing for the 'gators

Old March 25th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - nothing for the 'gators

Hey, all!
I have been very quiet lately because I was facing major surgery. Before
the hospital I was major stressed out and did not feel like reading or
posting; after the hospital stairs were off limits. Now stairs are OK so
I can get to my newsgroups.

Everybody at the hospital was super nice. Even the bloodsuckers who had
a devil of a time finding a vein were nice. So I am very sorry, but
Polly's gators will have to find an alternative source of medical
professional snacks.

I can't quilt yet (or sew, or vacuum (shucks , or cook (wah!)) but I
*can* think of lovely projects to make! I skimmed my way through over
3000 posts and along with all the beautiful quilts you folks have made,
those postcard things look addictive!

I did some work on my web page before I went to hospital: there are no
new pictures on the quilting page, but I did sort the pictures out into
a nice gallery (found a new (free!) software toy).
http://fenris.net/~lizyoung/Quilts/

liz young in slightly damp california
Old March 25th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Liz! Welcome back! Hope you're all healed up- or pretty well on
the way- and the surgery was a success!

As Mama of The Postcard Swap I'll tell you they are not only a LOT of
fun but totally addicting! Hope you can join in on the swap fun the
next time around!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 25th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Not to worry about the gators, Liz. They're all out on Spring Break basking
in the sunshine on I-10. So very glad that all is going well. Behave
yourself. Do/don't do whatever your dr says. Especially, stay away from
the vacuum. Mine told me not to and for 20 years I have carefully followed
his advice. Polly

ups.com...

Old March 25th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Good to see you back, Elizabeth. Best wishes
for your recovery. PAT

..
Old March 25th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Take it easy and heal well.

I would strongly recommend staying away from the vacuum, and
perhaps also the heavy lifting associated with laundry. Of
course most forms of cleaning are obviously out of the
question, with the possible exception of gentle activity to
sort and fondle fabric.
--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

et...
:

Old March 25th 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, Liz.
..
In message , Elizabeth
Young writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 25th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

See Liz, this is a marvelous excuse to buy up a squillion magazines,
chocolate and sit down and relax and just dream and plan and eat and plan
and dream and eat and eat...oh wait, oh just eat more chocolate!

One day we'll manage to make those postcards together - they are so on my
"to do" list.

quicker)

Old March 25th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome back, Liz. Glad to hear you're recovering and the pre-surgery stress
is nothing but a memory! I s'pose it's hard to stay away from the vacuum
cleaner and kitchen, but hey, we must follow doctor's orders, right? And
maybe you can't sew or quilt yet, but you can fondle, can't you? That has to
have healing power, so do it as often as you can!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old March 25th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!
Well, Liz! There you are!!
Glad to hear the hospital situation worked out for you
and that everyone was good to you. Take it easy on the recuperation
and if you need any help sorting stash or lifting chocolate boxes,
just give us a shout and we'll be right there!

During my recent hospital trip, the ambulance guy did a very good
job finding a vein for the i-v, so the nurses just left it there for
the duration. The nicest of all the nice folks (they were all nice,
pleasant, gentle) was the night nurse, Virginia, who is a quilter
and encouraged me to buy some Celtic knot print fabric she'd discovered;
if we'd had a laptop computer, we'd have gone shopping together. ;-D

Going to check out your pics,

Ragmop/Sandy

On 3/24/06 9:19 PM, in article
, "Elizabeth Young"

Old March 25th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Welcome back Liz. Glad you are recovering and are back.
Quilting page looks great. Like the toe photo best
but that quilt for Hunter is really snazzy.
Taria

Elizabeth Young wrote:

[...]

shipments to gators Polly Esther Quilting 13 April 20th 05 01:48 AM
For Polly's Gators Butterfly Quilting 4 April 6th 05 02:59 PM
FOR Polly (feeding your gators, again) Butterfly Quilting 1 October 17th 04 01:35 AM
OT Polly Esther and the 'gators Kathy Applebaum Quilting 24 September 19th 04 08:02 AM