Sewing Machine for Sale

Old January 10th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Sewing Machine for Sale

wrote:

Someone in my area is selling her Bernina Virtuosa 153 Quilters sewing
machine (two years old) and a Horn Quilter's Dream table setup for
$2300. She said, "sewing's not for me. I'm going back to cooking."
Whatcha think? I'll look at it tomorrow. Hee Hee! Nancycog in MD

Go for it!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old January 10th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh my goodness, Nancy. My newest Bernie is a 155 and I think ( ?) that the
difference is that the 155 has a cable thing and disc that will do Who Knows
what if I connect them to the computer. That ain't gonna happen. The 155
is such a honey and I wouldn't dream of disturbing her mind and can not
imagine wanting to add anything to her repertoire. You lucky rascal. Wow.
Polly

"Kate Dicey" wrote Go for it!

Old January 12th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

YeeHAH!! We got it. Today we looked and liked, made an offer below what
they asked, and got a Bernina 150 Quilters SM AND Horn table AND four
extra feet, plus a brand new walking foot, a box of extra bobbins, and
it all looks like it just came out of the box! What a deal. Happy
dancing! Nancycog in MD, and the Count, too

Old January 12th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, Nancy. I'm just so tickled. Came back down here to see if you'd gone
and done it. What a great grand deal. How just very wonderful. The only
peculiar that I've found on the 155 is that it doesn't seem to have a way to
put on two (or more) spools of thread. Sometimes, as in when I want a heavy
look to a applique / blanket stitch, I like to use two threads. The simple
addition of a plastic drinking straw on the vertical spindle works just
fine. Easy peasy. Dancing with you, Polly
"Nancycog in Md." wrote YeeHAH!! We got it. Today we looked and liked,

Old January 12th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks, Polly, for the double spool suggestion. This 153 came with an
extra spool spindle to attach at the top side. Nancycog in MD

Old January 12th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Enjoy your new machine. I have a 153QE and I love it. Linda in Tx

FAQ for RCTQ Dec 2005 frood Quilting 6 December 8th 05 01:30 AM
RCTQ FAQ Nov 2005 frood Quilting 3 November 6th 05 09:22 PM
FAQs for Newbies and Longtimers Diana Curtis Quilting 21 December 8th 03 12:52 PM
RCTN Reminder: NY gathering at Stitchery Row Nov. 1 georg Needlework 23 November 4th 03 10:32 AM
Old Sewing Machine Advice Diana Curtis Beads 9 August 22nd 03 06:01 AM