what do you think of this advice about soldering iron tips?

Old June 19th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default what do you think of this advice about soldering iron tips?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Java, when you learn the difference between challenging so-called
'authority' and whining, you'll be a better man...

Arlene has NEVER whined...

(wined, is another story entirely)

ar.

He acused me of whining last week, and I'm his pal! I think he kinda gets
out of sorts snorting the hydroperm once a month. Meantime no one liked my
answer about liking woman and hating fish? Bunch of ignorant racist
chauvinists.

--

JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com

Old June 19th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

"Glassman" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Java, when you learn the difference between challenging so-called
'authority' and whining, you'll be a better man...

Arlene has NEVER whined...

(wined, is another story entirely)

ar.

He acused me of whining last week, and I'm his pal! I think he kinda

gets
out of sorts snorting the hydroperm once a month. Meantime no one liked my
answer about liking woman and hating fish? Bunch of ignorant racist
chauvinists.

--

Java never has accused ME of whining. He even sent me a video tape on
beveling.

I thought your women vs. fish wisecrack was great.

Old June 19th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..

"Glassman" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Java, when you learn the difference between challenging so-called
'authority' and whining, you'll be a better man...

Arlene has NEVER whined...

(wined, is another story entirely)

ar.

He acused me of whining last week, and I'm his pal! I think he kinda

gets
out of sorts snorting the hydroperm once a month. Meantime no one liked

my
answer about liking woman and hating fish? Bunch of ignorant racist
chauvinists.

--

Java never has accused ME of whining. He even sent me a video tape on
beveling.

I thought your women vs. fish wisecrack was great.

Oh yeah..... I got one on mold making! Wanna trade?

Old June 19th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

"Glassman" wrote in message

He acused me of whining last week, and I'm his pal! I think he kinda

gets
out of sorts snorting the hydroperm once a month. Meantime no one

liked
my
answer about liking woman and hating fish? Bunch of ignorant racist
chauvinists.

--

Java never has accused ME of whining. He even sent me a video tape on
beveling.

I thought your women vs. fish wisecrack was great.

Oh yeah..... I got one on mold making! Wanna trade?

Nah.

It's probably those mold making techniques that caused your kiln fire.

At least my beveler is water cooled.

Old June 19th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Vic wrote:

Glassman wrote:

"Vic" wrote in message
roups.com...

" Flux, or worse yet rosin core solder is nasty stuff and should be

avoided." --
JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories

I clean and cool the tips with a dip of rosin and solder. Been doing
over 20 years, I've seen no problems. Rosin was a common stained glass
flux. A number of windows (100+years old) I've restored still had
rosin residue between the leads, with no bad effect. The problem with
rosin, as I see it, is that it is hard to clean and a bit messy to work
with.

Vic

Oh I know it works, my issue is the god awful stench that burns the eyes
and lungs. It's not mistaken for anything else once you've smelled it from
an old window. That stuff can't be doing your body any good.

--

JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

I love the smelland smoke of rosin in the morning.

It smells like... like... victory.

Jack
Old June 19th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote:

Please explain this...i get slammed for sending an OT message, but you
guys are allowed to trash a perfectly good subject line?

where's the justice?

arlene

In kindergarten.

Jack
Old June 19th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Because if most bottom post and some top post a long thread can look
pretty ragged.

Jack

michele wrote:

i always top post and find it very difficult to follow when messages are
interposed or i have to scroll down to the bottom. Being a dinosaur, when it
comes to netiquette , excuse the question but why is top posting so bad?m

Old June 19th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

michele wrote:

i always top post and find it very difficult to follow when messages
are interposed or i have to scroll down to the bottom. Being a
dinosaur, when it comes to netiquette , excuse the question but why is
top posting so bad?m

You're absolutely right.

Jack

Old June 19th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

michele wrote:

i always top post and find it very difficult to follow when
messages are interposed or i have to scroll down to the bottom.
Being a dinosaur, when it comes to netiquette , excuse the question
but why is top posting so bad?m

You're absolutely right.

Jack

I was replying to Jack. I thought it should be obvious.

Jack