Taking a break

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 21st 05, 03:36 PM
KJ

Default Taking a break

I'm taking a break before tackling the last part of a project. DD's friend
called me yesterday to ask if I could hem some dance pants for her. Sewing
buttons and hemming pants...some of the most practical sewing projects but I
put them off as often as possible. It must be my "time" though. DH left me
a jacket on the kitchen table yesterday with one of the front buttons lying
beside it. I promptly fixed it to get it off my conscience.
Last night DD and friend stopped by so I could mark these polyester wide
legged pants. The pants come unhemmed and VERY long. I now have them
marked, trimmed, and the edge serged. Of course that meant I have spent an
hour rethreading my serger after retrieving it from the closet.....where HAS
that manual gone??? (And I DID try to rethread it by tying the new threads
to the old ones....didn't work out this time.) I now can't decide if I
should blind hem or just topstitch the hems. I did leave a 2" hem for any
further adjustments in the future. We marked the pants to her flattest
dance shoes. This girl is quite an accomplished swing dancer and this is
part of a new costume. I'd never make any money with alterations or custom
sewing. Too slow!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

OT Taking a break from beading Linda2 Beads 9 October 31st 04 11:48 PM
OT - Taking a break Johanna Gibson Quilting 3 May 20th 04 04:41 PM
Taking a break from the group this week Marisa Cappetta Beads 3 April 26th 04 11:04 PM
Taking a break KJ Quilting 6 April 8th 04 02:38 PM
Taking a break frood Quilting 4 October 20th 03 12:34 AM