Angel of Cross Stitch

Old December 7th 03, 08:38 PM

Default Angel of Cross Stitch

I realize that this is probably an old question but...

I'm looking for a copy of "Angel of Cross Stitch" that uses all the DMC
colors. I saw a site that had the Chart only for about $12.00 (just
yesterday) but my senior moments have erased it from my mind. Can anyone
help me on this?

Thanks you can email me privately if you wish

Marc.

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania

http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265

Old December 7th 03, 09:09 PM
Jeri

http://www.craftideas.com/crossstitcher/

Old December 8th 03, 12:56 AM

Thank you so much for that piece of info...I had been there but just
couldn't find it...now I have...don't know what I was doing wrong...BTW can
you also tell me whether, or not, this design, since it uses all the DMC
colors, has a lot of "confetti"stitches in it?

Marc

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania

http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265
"Jeri" wrote in message
.. .

Old December 8th 03, 01:28 AM
Jeri

wrote in message

Thank you so much for that piece of info...I had been there but just
couldn't find it...now I have...don't know what I was doing
wrong...BTW can you also tell me whether, or not, this design, since
it uses all the DMC colors, has a lot of "confetti"stitches in it?

I'm sorry. I don't know. I've never stitched it. Maybe someone else will
chime in with the answer.

Old December 8th 03, 03:38 AM
Jenn Liace

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:56:20 -0500, wrote:

BTW can
you also tell me whether, or not, this design, since it uses all the DMC
colors, has a lot of "confetti"stitches in it?

I haven't stitched her yet but I do have her in stash. She uses all
391 solid colors that were available at the time the chart was
produced. As I look at it now, I do see quite a bit of single
stitches in the border, but for the most part they are among other
stitching so burying ends is still possible. Since we're on the
subject, I'll also warn you that since it does use almost 400 colors,
it IS a multicolor chart, using the same symbol set in 5 printing
colors. There are also a significant number of partial stitches, so I
know I'm definitely stitching her on JObelan instead of Aida!!!

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Kissing Bough (Serendipity Designs - JCS 2002)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old December 8th 03, 11:30 AM

Thanks for that information... You answered another one that I was startin
to think of... the chart calls for the Aida but, not only do I prefer
linen/evenweave (Aida does look good for certain designs) because I was
afraid that there would be a lot of franctional stithces and it is ever so
much easier to do it on a linen/evenweave. I was also asked if I was going
to do it on a white or a black fabric. I understand that seeing it done on
black fabric was absolutely stunning.... But I'll make that decision
somewhere down the road when I decide to start the piece. BTW I found, or
was led, to another design that uses all the DMC colors... Maureen
Appleton's "Floral Finese" which one must know before hand is generally,
like most all her designs, stiched "over one"... I understand this one has
about 58 pages of instructions and chart that goes along with it...I'm
anxious to get to this one... Ordered it from Maureen yeserday...if any one
is interested you can see it on her site www.heartscontent.com She is also
a real "Classy" Lady...

Marc (who thanks all for their help)

Old December 8th 03, 02:09 PM
BBryer

Just so you know, if you decide to do this pattern. The pattern that
was in "The Cross-Stitcher" has some problems. Make sure if you buy a
copy of the pattern, it is updated, or comes with the proper colour
chart.

Just a heads up. I also would like to try it someday.

Bonnie
Old December 9th 03, 07:32 PM
Caryn

BTW can
you also tell me whether, or not, this design, since it uses all the DMC
colors, has a lot of "confetti"stitches in it?

I have the angel bit mostly done, and some of her surrounding objects.

Worst part of confetti seems to be in the border, Angel herself doesn't have
tons.

Course, this is said with knowledge that I haven't touched this piece in at
least 3 1/2 yrs because it's still rolled up carefully from our move in April
of 2000! bg

So, if there is more confetti than I remember, I apologize!

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old December 10th 03, 12:40 AM
Jenn Liace

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 06:30:17 -0500, wrote:

I was also asked if I was going
to do it on a white or a black fabric. I understand that seeing it done on
black fabric was absolutely stunning.... But I'll make that decision
somewhere down the road when I decide to start the piece

The booklet shows it on both black and white. She definitely stands
out better on the black, but oh that would be a bear to stitch,
especially a 13x18 finished piece!!! I'm contemplating a medium grey
when I finally get around to stitching her.