Flesh colored 4 ply worsted yarn?

Old October 18th 03, 02:58 AM
Confuddled

Default Flesh colored 4 ply worsted yarn?

I've been searching for a company/retailer that makes or sells flesh
colored 4 ply worsted yarn, without success. Any help in locating this
product would be appreciated, or any suggestions on what brand/color
can be substituted for flesh color.

Old October 18th 03, 03:33 AM
SlinkyToy

What is your definition of "flesh-colored"? RedHeart, Patons and
Sirdar all make yarns in every shade of the rainbow, including several
that would probably qualify as "flesh-tone", depending on what part of
the world you're from or whose tan (or winter pallor) you're trying to
match

Old October 18th 03, 03:51 AM
SlinkyToy

I forgot to include Brown Sheep in the list of yarn makers...

Old October 18th 03, 04:23 AM
Confuddled

Thanks for the reply, SlinkyToy! I should have been more specific.
What I have is a Leisure Arts brochure for crocheted Christmas
ornaments. The ornaments are made with 4 ply worsted. It calls for
"flesh" for the faces of Santa, soldier, elf, boy & girl. So I guess
this would be North Pole pallor?

I've been to WalMart, Kmart, Jo-Ann, Michaels, etc. but I can't seem
to find a 4 ply worsted that comes close to the "flesh" color in the
brochure pictures.

Hoping someone out there has experience in patterns with faces/hands
and can offer a specific brand/color name of a yarn that will fill my
needs. Might just have to go with a very light pink and claim they
have sunburn...

Old October 18th 03, 05:10 AM
SlinkyToy

Brown Sheep's color card is online at http://www.brownsheep.com

Check the rug hooking section at Hobby Lobby - small hanks of an
assortment of colors.

Old October 18th 03, 01:09 PM
Yarn Forward

Try Patons Canadiana Baby Peach 10510
Roger.

--
Yarn Forward
Your On Line Yarn Store

Old October 18th 03, 02:26 PM
Irene

No noeed to worry. You can substitute tapestry yarn--any 4 ply brand
(NOT Persian type, that is 3X2 ply). DMC, Anchor, Bernat, or anything
that is up for auction on Ebay and looks "fleshy". Let me know if you
still have trouble finding this.--Irene

Old October 18th 03, 03:14 PM
spampot

Confuddled wrote:
I've been searching for a company/retailer that makes or sells flesh
colored 4 ply worsted yarn, without success. Any help in locating this
product would be appreciated, or any suggestions on what brand/color
can be substituted for flesh color.

All I can think of is the old New Yorker cartoon where a drugstore clerk
calls over to his manager, "These folks say they all want flesh-colored
band-aids" with a crowd in front of the counter including an Eskimo, a
painted Plains warrior, a blonde in a Scandinavian sweater, an African
in a loincloth...you get the point.