OT - buy this house so I can go to Houston!

Old October 27th 03, 10:55 PM
Walnut

Oh My, LN, I am sorry to hear of a divorce, but freedom and independence is
Everything it's cracked up to be. BTW, you must see the new Coen Brothers'
movie with George Clooney and Catherine Zeta-Jones called "Intollerable
Cruelties!" You must see it to get a big belly laugh; you probly need one
right about now. We saw it yesterday and screamed with laughter. I love
anything the Coen Brothers make.

Walnut

I will leave this heaven cuz I can't afford to keep it. I'm just shy of a
divorce and the value of this house has doubled in the 5.5 yrs we've had

it.

Old October 27th 03, 11:38 PM
Two x over

I can pay for a condo outright and live pretty well. If I stay in the house,
it will be tight and stressful all the time

i think you are a very wise woman!
betsey
"we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"
Old October 28th 03, 12:53 AM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Fish food in one hand; fish net in other hand. Sprinkle; dip.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp
"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
I wish I could take my garden with me. I can come to terms with leaving

the
house, but I just want my back garden to come with me. Especially my
pond. I have another fish or two hiding in there. I got 5 so far. The

frogs
are getting a bit ticked at me for waking them constantly as I "fish" for
the rest of them.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Ruth in Happy Camp" wrote in message
I don't "do" stairs, but do you think your yard could be transplanted to

my
half acre?
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old October 28th 03, 02:45 AM
Sharon Harper

I promise if I win the lottery yours will be the first house I buy! It's
gorgeous.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Ok. So I'm not sposed to post ads, but really, it's not like anyone here

is
gonna run up to buy it.... but here is the link to my house listing.

http://www.isoldmyhouse.com/ismh/pro...ls&adnum=46918

Go look at what I'm leaving...sniff! It's ok. I'm ok with it. Easier to

sell
in the winter than the spring when my garden is looking pretty!

Old October 28th 03, 04:11 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

LOL.... well, two hinderances to this. 1. this is a townhouse (the one I
want) with a garage on the ground floor, main living on next floor, then
bedrooms above that and a loft at the top. So, even if I took a condo that
didn't have a garage on the ground floor, I wouldn't have room for the pond.
But I'm gonna try to get a whiskey barrel pond on my deck.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me" wrote in message
LN!!! If your condo is built on a concrete slab, there is NO reason you
cannot have a pond..... indoors! Find an area in the entry or a corner
of the living room. Put up a rock wall with water running down it and a
jutted out area where you can make a small waterfall. You'll want to
include some pockets to add plants to the wall. This all empties into a
pre-formed pond which is set on the floor and then enclosed in
(concreted) rocks to match the wall. Can you envision it yet? You can
make pockets in the rocks to add plants in pots all around the water and
with some hanging over the water. Then add some light fixtures to
spotlight the whole thing, using gro-bulbs..... This is getting
exciting! Wonder if *my* next house will accommodate a pond??? ;-)))

Leslie

Old October 28th 03, 04:12 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

They have been eating off the pond all summer (I don't feed them when they
are outside) so they just look at the food and say, "What's that?" and don't
try to eat it. I did try that to begin with. I think I have just one more
left. Had a good day fishing today.

Old October 28th 03, 04:15 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

The only things I'll really be sorry about is losing my pond and my garden.
Being really close to people I don't know yet isn't thrilling (have great
neighbors right now), but I'm ok with it all. It's a very nice condo
community that I'm planning to move to, tho. I know a lot of people who
either do or have lived there and they all love it.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me" wrote in message
LN-

As someone who is losing her own lovely home in similar circumstances,
you have my deepest sympathies. What you and your children are going
thru is bad enough, but losing the beautiful home you love really
compounds the hurt. Try to look forward to the unknown future with a
sense of adventure and as a challenge- it helps!

Hugs 'n hugs 'n hugs,

Leslie & The Furbabies

Old October 28th 03, 01:40 PM
Pat in Virginia

Okay, I still can't figure this out, so I will ask. Ellen, why
are you capturing the fish? Are you planning to install them in
an indoor tank? Fry them for supper? Feed the cat?
Nosy Rosy needs to know in VA!

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote:

It's easier to part with when my garden is dead. LOL Still trying to get all
the fish in from my backyard pond. They aren't sluggish enough for slow me.

Antique Wooden House Wooden House Indonesia Carving 0 January 6th 05 03:06 AM
Good vibes needed S. Burwash Beads 24 September 2nd 03 09:34 PM
Haunted House Update: OT Tink Beads 50 August 9th 03 04:53 PM