Glass Campus Tutorials

Old April 29th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb[_3_]

Default Glass Campus Tutorials

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 00:35:37 -0700 (PDT), Jman
wrote:

On Apr 28, 7:46*pm, wrote:
On Apr 28, 5:07 pm, nJb wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:10:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Apr 28, 10:42 am, Chemo the Clown wrote:
On Apr 28, 8:51 am, wrote:

On Apr 27, 8:18 pm, Jman wrote:

On Apr 25, 6:19 pm, wrote:

Another bunch of new articles and a great Tutorial on how to make
Kilnformed Flashed Glass.http://www.glasscampus.com

Hey that "Native Moon" is also Squamish, isn't it ?

/Jman...

It's a little of many elements of different West Coast Native. *As
much Haida as Squamish. *Those that understand native design know that
it incorporates a number of preset design elements. *Because the usual
native carvings and paintings don't adapt particularly well for
stained glass or for sandblasting, the designs we use are our own
adaptations. *Here's some of my native stained glass designs that have
sold extremely well and I've now retired and make available for free
use.http://www.glasscampus.com/freepatterns.htm

For the Gator**** group and associated hillbillies that assuredly
haven't the faintest idea what we're talking about, I recommend they
consider the outstanding sculpture on display at Vancouver airport and
printed on the Canadiand $20 bill.http://www.coreyhallisey.com/nwc_art...irit_of_haida_...

Being that my father in law was the director of the Tongass Forest for
more years than you can count, some of us hillbillies know more than
you think. Precut stencils have been around longer than you have and
have never been big sellers.

As with many things, it's the design that determines customer
support. *I came back from Vegas with a pretty lengthy list of
interested customers. *Whether or not it's a "big seller" isn't
especially important. *It's just one more product to add to the
steadily growing list of "Master Artisan" products we offer to
encompass stained glass, kilnforming, hot glass, torchworking, and
sandblasting.

A "master artisan" buys precut stencils?

You bet. *Many do. *We do a lot of custom cut stencils for
sandblasters doing multiple copies that wish to avoid the intensely
boring and needlessly labour intensive task of manually cutting out
stencils. *Just send us your drawing and we'll send back the precut
stencils ready to use. *Or, chose one from our extensive library of
designs. * There's little skill required to cut out a stencil so why
not let a machine do it for you and do a perfect job? * Why would a
pro artisan spend time on a $5/hr job when they can instead use their
time to do something more valuable? * Unless that poor pitiful artisan
has so little work they do it themself just to fill in otherwise dead
time?- Hide quoted text -

Yeah !

What he said !

Wow, you're an expert already.
Old April 29th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Apr 29, 12:38 am, Jman wrote:
On Apr 28, 7:55 pm, " Moonraker" wrote:

"nJb" wrote in message
A "master artisan" buys precut stencils?

As if you couldn't go to Michaels' or Hobby Lobby or ten other art supply
houses and buy stencils.

Jesus Christ !

What kind of **** are you gonna find at "Michael's" ?
Have you actually ever been to that store ? Dunno about down there,
but here they suck **** and their pricing is through the roof ! I
think I'd rather shop at Walter Marten.....shudder..

Would real artisans shop at Michael's?
Perhaps them hillbillies in Gator****, Georgia figure it's a great
place to buy? Maybe it's the same in Outback, Oregon? Maybe I should
be selling stuff to Michael's? Would I have to put pictograms on the
labels instead of print?
Old April 29th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

"nJb" wrote in message
A "master artisan" buys precut stencils?

As if you couldn't go to Michaels' or Hobby Lobby or ten other art supply
houses and buy stencils.

Jesus Christ !

What kind of **** are you gonna find at "Michael's" ?
Have you actually ever been to that store ? Dunno about down there,
but here they suck **** and their pricing is through the roof ! I
think I'd rather shop at Walter Marten.....shudder..

Would real artisans shop at Michael's?
Perhaps them hillbillies in Gator****, Georgia figure it's a great
place to buy? Maybe it's the same in Outback, Oregon? Maybe I should
be selling stuff to Michael's?

You don't have time, you're too busy spending 4 hours on a simple
blast job.

Any ideas on how to explain sandblasting with pictograms for your
illiterate companions?
Old April 29th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown

On Apr 28, 9:29*pm, nJb wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:44:21 -0400, " *Moonraker"

wrote:

"nJb" wrote in message A "master artisan" buys
precut stencils?

You bet. *Many do. *We do a lot of custom cut stencils for
sandblasters doing multiple copies that wish to avoid the intensely
boring and needlessly labour intensive task of manually cutting out
stencils. *Just send us your drawing and we'll send back the precut
stencils ready to use. *Or, chose one from our extensive library of
designs. * There's little skill required to cut out a stencil so why
not let a machine do it for you and do a perfect job? * Why would a
pro artisan spend time on a $5/hr job when they can instead use their
time to do something more valuable? * Unless that poor pitiful artisan
has so little work they do it themself just to fill in otherwise dead
time?

Nice try but no cigar. We do one of a kind. I was refering to a
'master artisan" using somebody elses artwork.

If you want to be helpful, help your friends who took 4 hours to blast
that dragon. 30 minutes, tops. Maybe you could sell them a real
sandblaster and teach them how to use it.

Dead time? Not much. Utah and Vegas are booming. High end houses, high
end installations.

Jack

As if there wasn't a vinyl sign shop on nearly every corner with a
plotter/cutter. *I've found some that even carried sandblasting resist.
Typical D-anus, *always on the dull edge of evolution.

We have two within a quarter mile of our studio.- Hide quoted text -

There are 3 within one mile of me and both do stencils. Someone please
invent a wheel!!!!
Old April 29th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Chemo the Clown" wrote in message news:4e68af67-8350-47c8-
Someone please

invent a wheel!!!!

Maybe if we can get a couple of wheels, our 2 Canadian hamsters will have
something to play with besides each other's shriveled up pee-pees.

Old April 29th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown

"nJb" wrote in message
A "master artisan" buys precut stencils?

As if you couldn't go to Michaels' or Hobby Lobby or ten other art supply
houses and buy stencils.

Jesus Christ !

What kind of **** are you gonna find at "Michael's" ?
Have you actually ever been to that store ? *Dunno about down there,
but here they suck **** and their pricing is through the roof ! *I
think I'd rather shop at Walter Marten.....shudder..

Would real artisans shop at Michael's?
Perhaps them hillbillies in Gator****, Georgia figure it's a great
place to buy? *Maybe it's the same in Outback, Oregon? *Maybe I should
be selling stuff *to Michael's? *Would I have to put pictograms on the
labels instead of print?

Would "Real Artisans" buy from you? I think not. A "Real" artisan
knows where to get the best product at the best price and knows how to
do the work themselves...and you aren't supplying that. How's that
custom flux brush coming along?
Old April 29th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

"nJb" wrote in message
[...]

Enjoy your delusion Bubba. Shall I shop for a sympathy card or do you
think you can limp along until end this year?
Old May 1st 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kerry Montgomery

"nJb" wrote in message
A "master artisan" buys precut stencils?

As if you couldn't go to Michaels' or Hobby Lobby or ten other art
supply
houses and buy stencils.

Jesus Christ !

What kind of **** are you gonna find at "Michael's" ?
Have you actually ever been to that store ? Dunno about down there,
but here they suck **** and their pricing is through the roof ! I
think I'd rather shop at Walter Marten.....shudder..

Would real artisans shop at Michael's?
Perhaps them hillbillies in Gator****, Georgia figure it's a great
place to buy? Maybe it's the same in Outback, Oregon? Maybe I should
be selling stuff to Michael's? Would I have to put pictograms on the
labels instead of print?

Dennis,
Outback, Oregon? Isn't that where GAS is holding its conference this June?
If you are attending, I can give you directions to a couple of Michael's
stores.
Kerry in Portland

Old May 1st 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Kerry Montgomery" wrote in message
m...

Dennis,
Outback, Oregon? Isn't that where GAS is holding its conference this June?
If you are attending, I can give you directions to a couple of Michael's
stores.
Kerry in Portland

Kerry, the D-anus's only exposure to art are the Marvel Comics he keeps
stashed under his bed for masturbatory purposes.

List your classes on Glass Campus [email protected] Glass 4 April 14th 08 09:19 PM
more Glass Campus tutorials [email protected] Glass 0 January 21st 08 04:36 PM
Glass Campus [email protected] Glass 10 May 19th 07 04:10 AM
Tutorials Lori Pottery 0 June 7th 05 03:02 AM
Tutorials Mike B Sewing 3 November 7th 04 06:26 AM