I need a warm shoulder

Old January 18th 04, 03:53 PM
Lucille

Thanks Cheryl for the reminder. I'll mention it to the mechanic.
Lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Just to make sure you see this - get your alternator checked too! It could
be that the battery isn't recharging!
Cheryl

Old January 18th 04, 03:59 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Anytime - I know enough to know what the most likely system causing the
problem! that's enough for me!
Cheryl

On 1/18/04 9:53 AM, in article
, "Lucille"

Old January 18th 04, 04:00 PM
LUSNMYMIND

reminder that these things don't only
happen to you and you shouldn't feel so sorry for yourself LOL

Hi Lucille,
So sorry you're having car problems, but feeling sorry for your self is half
the fun! ; ) About a year ago I worked for a Dr's office, and they opened a new
office in another town, and decided I'd be the one to work there, 45 miles one
way from my home. So against my husbands wishes, I started making the drive 3
days a week, mostly because they told me I had no place left in the original
office if I didn't. So, there I go, and what happens? After about 3 weeks my
car breaks down and I'm stuck there, home being a long drive away. So with the
help of a co-worker I get my car to a dealership (which of course cost a
fortune) and they had to keep it overnight, so I had to rent a car and
sheepishly drive home. My rude husband just laughed and hung up on me when I
called to tell him what had happened, so I had to fend for myself, but I guess
I deserved it. So, anyhoo, I know how you feel! If I were there I'd meet you
and drive you to the LNS!

Take care,
Rhonda
Old January 18th 04, 05:16 PM
Lucille

So, anyhoo, I know how you feel! If I were there I'd meet you and drive
you to the LNS!

Funny you should say that about the local LNS. I've got a fabulous petit
point waiting for me for 2 weeks at my LNS called Lord Barkley that I'm
absolutely dying to see (I originally saw it on the net) but first I got
sick, now the car presented a problem. Well, maybe next week things will
start getting better. I Hope, I hope, I hope !! Or, an alternative thing
is to make one of my friends go with me. But they get bored with the time
it takes to choose threads so I don't like to subject them to what some of
them consider torture.

Then, of course, there is the possibility that they will get bitten while
they're wasting time (their words) in the store waiting for me. HMMM !!

Lucille
and drive you to the LNS!

Old January 18th 04, 08:55 PM
LUSNMYMIND

I fail to understand why you think you 'deserved it' ??

Sheena

Hey, Sheena- Well my husband was pretty adamant about me not doing that drive,
and I did it anyway, and putting almost a hundred miles a day on the car also.
I don't really think I deserved him treating me like that, but he had told me
not to do it. He figured it was my just desserts, I guess. I did feel sorry for
myself, though.

Old January 19th 04, 12:37 AM
LUSNMYMIND

No you deserved some sympathy,

Thank you!

!does seem a long drive
be good to pause and wonder whether it is truly worth it or start
looking for another job nearer home.

I'm not doing it any more. *sigh. It was my first medical assisting job out of
school. They really did a number on me, not only telling me I didn't have a job
there if I didn't do the drive, they also didn't give me my promised fifty cent
raise after 90 days, AND didn't compensate me for the drive. I finally quit, it
was wrecking me emotionally, (there were other incidents) not to mention during
this time I lost my mother unexpectedly. Arg! What a horrible time, I am so
glad it's behind me.
Thanks for the kind words!
Rhonda
Old January 19th 04, 03:28 PM
LUSNMYMIND

Hopefully the next one
you get will be far better.

Thank you so much, Sheena. I hope so, too!

Starter kiln for warm glass Adrian Brentnall Glass 0 January 8th 05 11:38 PM
it's WARM today Helen Page Beads 34 March 14th 04 02:13 AM
UM'S AND STAMPS NEED WARM HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 November 24th 03 10:34 PM
Way OF--I need a shoulder Lucille Needlework 12 August 7th 03 02:12 AM
An easy route to take was Way OF--I need a shoulder Fred Needlework 6 August 3rd 03 10:44 AM