Breast Cancer/OT

Old May 3rd 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Breast Cancer/OT

Butterfy,
I think the site was comfycaps.com They had some cute caps...
Pami

Old May 3rd 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I haven't called Medicare yet. I'm on disabilty for the rods in my back
since 1996 and I have Mutiual of Omaha supplement. I really need to call to
see if I can even get help next week.. I don't have a clue as to what I'll
even be able to do..it can't be worse than my last back surgery but then
again I don't know.
Pami

Old May 3rd 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Butterly...that made me chuckle...might have to name my car chemo-mobile.
Pami

Old May 3rd 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you so much Coleen like I've said ...this group is the best. Last
week when I found out I was so upset and once I could type without flooding
this keyboard out...I knew where my positve friends are.
Pami

Old May 3rd 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kate,
The fatigue right now is killing me and (oh how I hate that word) but ya
know what I mean and I haven't even started chemo yet. I have a very old
sample of Vivaran in the medicine closet...very tempted to take it (but I
won't) or go make myelf a double expresso!!
Pami

Old May 3rd 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"pami" wrote:

Sandy,
As for that friend...no she hasn't called since 4/25 or emailed me since
4/29. My neighbor in the back thinks the friend is in denial. Yesterday I
went to my therapist. I started therapy to erase some issues I had with my
mom. My therapist is very "concerned" and feels I will go into my
mastectomy with "stress" because of this friend. I think she is in denial
and shocked that I am stronger and braver than her that I "accept" I will
save my life. My husband doesn't want me to call her because it would be
like chasing her. He feels I shouldn't answer any emails form her and if I
see the caller ID let it ring.
Pami

Pami, don't let this "friend" cause you any stress -- you don't need it
right now. I know what it's like to have someone you think is a good
friend let you down so badly, but I think your analysis that she's the
one with the problem is right on the money. You can't worry about her or
about your relationship (or lack of) with her -- it was her choice to
react the way she did and then not to come back and make it right. You
have your supportive DH, other friends and family -- and *us*! We're all
pulling for you.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old May 3rd 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pami, Part of the fatigue is just from your brain trying to wrap itself
around the whole situation. The Chemo itself will not make you tired,it is
the Ativan (antihistamine) that does it. I was fortunate to have a
wonderful facility with very caring folks to administer the "poison".
Remember the Chemo is your ally and will hunt down and destroy any stray
cels that escape surgery. For the next few months be very good to yourself,
it is all about you!!!!

I went to therapy too. It was hard to share my feelings with my family,
because I felt they were so worried and scared for me to add to it. Bearing
your soul to someone that has no emotional investment is so much easier.
Voicing my fears made it easier to face and lessened my stress level
considerably.

Please feel free to write off list frame242atyahoodotcom

Old May 3rd 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Linda: Thanks for your relevant report, and
offer of assistance to Pami. I know we are
all concerned, but I imagine your personal
experience makes your contribution more
valuable to Pami right now. It makes *me*
feel better knowing she has offers such as
yours. (Messages such as yours are what make
me come back to RCTQ. Well, the chance to beg
for chocolate, too!!)
Hugs, PAT

Old May 4th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you Sandy
Pami

Old May 4th 06, 11:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Very good point as in the 50 years on earth I never had to deal with this.
Pami