Breast Cancer/OT

Old May 2nd 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Breast Cancer/OT

Firefly/ChemoBabe had one done for her...cost $400.00 but she was a store
owner and kept right on working thru it all.....felt she needed to 'look
professional' and would wear baseball caps at home.and the soft knit fabrics
I made the hats from when she had her treatments as she got so cold.
HTH

Butterfly

"pami" wrote in message
Linda,
I will try to think positive. The only way I can is with some cute chemo
caps. I went on this website called comfycaps.com or something like that
and I asked if I pick my own fabrics they would make them for $5.00 each
so I might do that. I would love to find some breast cancer fabric with
the pink ribbon trademark. My hair is thick...very thick and Dorothy
Hamill cut. I will have Wanda (my hairdresser) buzz my hair the minute it
looks patchy. Yesterday I walked in the medical uncologist office to make
an appointment. I almost passed out. It was all cancer patients some
with hats some with a piece of hair here and there. Pami has to have her
own unique style and I sew but will be tired...but I love fabrics with
sewing notions, Campbells Soup Kids, Cats, Batiks, Dinim and so on so I
will gather my fabrics an let this gal make them for me. She also told me
she 80 pounds of scrap pieces form the caps she would sned me. I would
pay her the postage but during my chemo and all I can watch TV and cut out
my 3" squares and 5" and 6 1/2" squares.
Next weekend I might venture to a wig shop but so many of them look fake.
If I go now they can pick my color hair.
Off to shower and take my son to work. I told him to find a ride as I am
getting drained.
Pami

Old May 2nd 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tell them you want PIX of the car they bought (I actually had one that
brought a pix in-so it was USED and beat up but it was for a teenager that
just gotten their license). So he 'humored me' but I loved him for it. Made
him more human---than just another "White Coat".

Butterfly

"pami" wrote in message
I am trying Monique but my batteries are getting low...hehehehe!! All I
know is lots of doctors will be buying a new car on me this year!! I still
have my humor!!
Pami

Old May 2nd 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pami: Yes, good to have the hair matched now,
if you want it real close. Have you checked
with your Insurance Carrier about
reimbursement for wig? Some will consider it
a necessity, and pay for quite a nice wig. My
friend got hers at a shop that specializes in
undergarments, prostheses and other needs of
post mastectomy patients. OTOH, not every one
looses the hair!
Prayers and hugs, PAT

....cut...

Old May 3rd 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pami --

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis and upcoming surgery and treatment.
Please know that my prayers for you have already started and will continue
throughout your battle as you fight to beat this and you will. Keep your
positive attitude and hang in there and remember we are all here fighting
with you.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"pami" wrote in message
I am sure all you have heard Daniel Powder's song..."Bad Day" well this was
my bad day. I learned I have breast cancer. I had my lumpectomy this week
and it came back as malignant garde 3 tumor. I will have to get a
"masectomy" and have chemo. This has been a rough day for me but I don't
think I have the strength to cry anymore. I know I will lose my hair and
this really sucks but if I have to do this to keep alive then I will have
the surgery and do chemo. I will settle for chemo hats verus hair for
life. I'll be 51 in May and this seems not fair but I get my mammos yearly
and watched and it could of been worse. Last year I had a lumpectomy in
the other breast and that was benign this year my luck ran out. I see and
hear of so many survivors and I know this group has always been here for me
when ever I needed them.
Pami

Old May 3rd 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Mine paid for a "Cranial Prothesis" up to $250 at that time. In the Chemo
mix it is the Adriamycin that makes the hair fall out.

Linda in Tx

Old May 3rd 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hey Pami:

Though we do not know each other personally, we are sisters because of
the nasty "C".
If you need someone to talk to, vent, get damned mad, cuss, rant, rave
or just someone to hold a hand across the electronic waves, I'm here.
If you have a favorite blanky and I know you do, take it with you for
your surgery and chemo. I never left home without mine. Believe me
when I tell you it will help you relax.

When you feel up to it, you know we will all be here, waitng to hear
from you, laughing when you laugh and crying when you cry. We are here
praying you will come out of this and doing a Happy Dance in your
kitchen.

Hugs and prayers sent your way.

Kate T. South Mississippi

Old May 3rd 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sandy,
As for that friend...no she hasn't called since 4/25 or emailed me since
4/29. My neighbor in the back thinks the friend is in denial. Yesterday I
went to my therapist. I started therapy to erase some issues I had with my
mom. My therapist is very "concerned" and feels I will go into my
mastectomy with "stress" because of this friend. I think she is in denial
and shocked that I am stronger and braver than her that I "accept" I will
save my life. My husband doesn't want me to call her because it would be
like chasing her. He feels I shouldn't answer any emails form her and if I
see the caller ID let it ring.
Pami

Old May 3rd 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Linda, I agree with you. I went into the diner yesterday and my "favoite
waitress" I chat with commented she hadn't seen me in awhile. She asked me
"Where have you been?" I told her "It's where I don't want to be?" I tried
to have some humor and show I"m not in denial. When I told this gal...her
name is Carol that I was getting a mastectomy on Friday because I have full
blown breast cancer. She commented... that I always go to the doctor and
that this isn't true but she said it to me in an poking fun at me to one and
walked off and never showed emotion. I finished my coffee and left. This
morning my husband stopped in the diner and she was very quiet with him and
she still didn't acknowledge the cancer or even say she was rude yesterday.
My husband left but he could tell it bothered her and she messed up I think
one of my friends must of stopped in later that day and mentioned it and
knew it was true. I think a good comment to say to friends like her is "I'll
pray for you."

Old May 3rd 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Linda,
Yes... I am getting the port as you can't even see my veins. As for being
tired...I am a very stuuborn person who is only conditioned to sleep at
night. I rarely ever sit and relax...maybe to do email and yes I haven't
even started the chemo but this cancer is already making me tired. I worked
with toxic chemicals at work and uncologist feels this caused my cancer. I
will contact an attorney but I want an agressive female attorney. Only a
women can relate to losing a breast.
Pami

Old May 3rd 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I usually go to fabric.com love that website.
Pami