Breast Cancer/OT

Old May 2nd 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Breast Cancer/OT

Sally...I have it short but my longest layer in the back is 4" I might opt
for a punky cut like Sharon Osborne...
Pami

Old May 2nd 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Your message was soothing...and in response to all who wonder if Karen has
called or emailed me...NO...and she lives 3 doors up. She would decide to
die but I have one thign she doesn't have lots of friends and
support.....xoxoxoxoxox to all of you. Karen doesn't know how much she has
hurt me. I could never recover and forgive her for that. I've had one
friend ball her eyes out...I felt helpless...even if Karen couldn't handle
the bad news ...send me flowers do something ...in life us gals have friends
and girlfreinds...Karen can't even define friend let alone the other ....
Pami

Old May 2nd 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes in Surrey...Threadangel....a wonderful person

Old May 2nd 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes it is Essex...I said Surrey....Gloria is a wonderful friend of mine I
met on here when my dad died in 2000 and we've kept in touch daily for the
last 6 years. I am sure she is reading this...Hi Gloria...

Old May 2nd 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Gloria..... admires my "wicked" sense of humor hehehehe but I've had lots
of tears...mostly when my family is gone. Yesterday the doctor cracked up
because I jokingly asked if I could get Vodka in that chemo port they want
to put in...heehehehe.. Even the doctor admired my positive sense of
humor...but it comes and goes. I love a good screwdriver!!
Pami

Old May 2nd 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!
Best wishes, Pami. Prayers and hugs will follow you,
stay beside you, and see you thru' this latest adventure.
(((((((PAMI)))))))

Btw, this "friend"--how long have you known her?
Know her well enough to say, "What a lousy thing to say to me!"?
Well enough to tell her, "You hurt me and I was already scared enough.
Go 'way, Bug!" ? "Here, you take the Cancer and I'll stand on the
side and make dumm remarks!" ? *sheesh* "Some people!"

Your real friends are standing right here beside you.

Get ready for the next big roller coaster ride. We'll be waiting
to catch you when you come down the big hill which is right after
the double loop-d-loop. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy -- sending virtual flowers from
down here near 6 Flags Over Texas (Big Roller Coasters)

On 5/2/06 6:58 AM, in article
, "pami"

Old May 2nd 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi again Pami, I have a small head and my wig was altered to fit. It never
looked good to me and I rarely wore it. I actually wore it so others
wouldn't be uncomfortable. My dog Leroux used to steal it off the dresser
and run around the house with it. It was a game to him and made me laugh
alot. I had a medi-port inplanted because I do not like needles. It was
the best decision I made. It was a simple surgery (outpatient 2 hours
total) and it really lessened my anxiety. My veins thanked me for this.
Ask your Doc about it. Atavan in the IV at my first treatment knocked me
out for 3 days. He then perscribed a suppository for nausea and that worked
very well. I only got sick at my last treatment. I had my first treatment
on May 5 and last one in Sept. Then radiation for 35 treaments. I had the
port removed at the end of December. I am here if you need an extra
shoulder. Hugs, Linda frame242atyahoodotcom

Old May 2nd 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pami, Through this challenge you will find that some people that are your
"friends" cannot handle this situation. It is too scarey for them to deal
with. It is difficult to confront your mortality or that of someone close
to you. I did lose the companionship of these people. I am not angry with
them, I feel that it is a weakness in them and I feel sorry for them.
Concentrate on yourself and think positive. Linda in Tx

Old May 2nd 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

pami wrote:
I would love to find some breast cancer fabric with the
pink ribbon trademark.

There is quite a bit of that available. Use google to search for pink
ribbon fabric. The local Hobby Lobby even has pink ribbon fleece that
would make a nice chemo cap, though maybe a bit warm for summer.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old May 2nd 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh yeah, It IS our Gloria. I'm sure some of you remember her. It took me a
bit before I did-but I have a good excuse ; ) Sure is good to have her back.

Butterfly