2-hole connector question

Old October 28th 03, 01:43 AM
Marisa Exter

Default 2-hole connector question

All,

I'm not sure how to describe the 2-hole Bali connectors I am having trouble
with, so here is a pictu
http://www.tevayafae.com/images/quic...by600_Rs86.jpg . As you
can see, they are gorgeous, and of course I want to use them in my high-end
pieces.

The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to keep them from flipping
around. They are flat on the back so it is very noticeable when they do, and I
can't wear the necklace for more then a minute or so without one side or the
other flipping over (the pendant remains facing forward, but the strands of
beads twist around enough to flip the connector around). I have restrung this
necklace and the other I use them in several times but nothing seems to make any
difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Marisa2

Old October 28th 03, 03:19 AM
Lisa

Are the beads really light? It might be that the connectors and the pendant
are too heavy for the beads and the clasp. The right weight might help them
"stay".

Just a thought.
lisa

Old October 28th 03, 06:12 AM
Dr. Sooz

I'm not sure how to describe the 2-hole Bali connectors I am having trouble
with, so here is a pictu
http://www.tevayafae.com/images/quic...by600_Rs86.jpg .

Oh my god -- where did you get the pendant?!?!?!? :-O
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old October 28th 03, 06:43 AM
Shirley Shone

Very nice Marisa,
It is just a thought but do you think that it could be caused by the two
rows of beads coming out of the Bali tube beads at the top of the
pendant.
They could be fighting each other to see which gets on top.
Maybe if you had put say 3 single beads after the tube bead then split
it into two strands of beads it would lay flat

It is just a thought
Shirley

In article , Marisa Exter writes

--
Shirley Shone

Old October 28th 03, 08:38 AM
LiisaAnn

It is a nice looking necklace! I am just guessing here, but after looking at
it, maybe, just maybe, if the inside strand coming up from the pendant had a
few less of the colored beads on it, making it a little bit shorter than the
other strand..maybe that would help. know what i mean?
lisa
Old October 28th 03, 09:31 AM
meijhana

f223's!!! I know them!!! :-) (heheheheh, *TOO* much bali!)

where did you get yours??? If you paid more than 39cents/gram, I am going
to scream!!!

I am experimenting with making earrings with them right now!!!

And I love the polymer clay, also!

Mary

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.

Old October 28th 03, 09:45 PM
Marisa Exter

Old October 28th 03, 09:45 PM
Marisa Exter

Lisa wrote:

Are the beads really light? It might be that the connectors and the pendant
are too heavy for the beads and the clasp. The right weight might help them
"stay".

Just a thought.
lisa

Could be.

but I like the little beads. Do you think if I just added some heavier beads
in a couple of places it would help?

marisa2
Old October 28th 03, 09:47 PM
Marisa Exter

Shirley Shone wrote:

Very nice Marisa,
It is just a thought but do you think that it could be caused by the two
rows of beads coming out of the Bali tube beads at the top of the
pendant.
They could be fighting each other to see which gets on top.
Maybe if you had put say 3 single beads after the tube bead then split
it into two strands of beads it would lay flat

It is just a thought
Shirley

I think I see what you are saying. They definately seem to be "fighting" as you
say.

But... wouldn't that have the same effect as the bali tube bead?

thanks

marisa2

..
..