Merry Christmas... What did you recieve

Old December 25th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Default Merry Christmas... What did you recieve

I hope you all have a great day.

There are lots of leftovers especially as this year I cooked a full turkey
instead of the rolled seasoned thigh that I usually do.
I also made 4 plum puddings lol... we love it, and 4 pavlovas not all for us
as DD takes some to share with her boyfriends family as her contribution to
their meal.

Santa has been and gone.

Quilty gifts I recieved were fat quarters and a new sewing machine. YES, due
to and unexpected windfall I got a Janome 6600. I have only had a little
play so far but WOW it is a lot different to my old basic Janome. A couple
of things stand out so far, It is a lot quieter and the stitches are a lot
straighter, hopefully my 1/4" seams will improve now. Today I will have more
time to 'play' so I will see what else I can learn.

Dee in Oz

Old December 25th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
steve

Hi and Happy Holidays to All

We cut back a lot this year just because we wanted to and because what do we
really need. My family and I gave to charities in each others names this
year and we think that we will continue this along with the birthdays from
now on.

I suppose getting older and more forgetful is a good thing because Bert gave
me the Mariner's Compass pattern book that he bought in Tennessee last
March. I've been drooling over that all day but must get the UFO's done
first. He also got me a sensor-digital camera that I can rig up next to the
bird feeder that will automatically take pictures when triggered by a
landing bird. I'm so excited about that. I can think of all sorts of
places to use it to get pictures of wildlife.

That's all but more than enough. I have my health, home, family and job so
I have nothing to complain about.

Best wishes to all as the New Year approaches.

Steven
Alaska

. au...

Old December 25th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

My husband came up trumps on fabric, he must have had a red/pink moment,
but I have several fat quarters and some yardage. One is a lovely reddy
pink with a kind of swirly but also leafy design on it, I'm thinking of
doing a two colour lone star with it, probably with green, then doing
some kind of a applique in the setting triangles and squares. I modern
take on the one in the history section of the most recent fons and porter.

Cheers
Anne
Old December 25th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

DH is working today so I've spent the day alone watching TV, the snow fall,
and sewing. We will have a ham dinner later and watch TV. No quilty gifts.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
. au...

Old December 26th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

No quilty gifts here as I specifically asked NOT to receive fabric and
such. I know, I should be shunned. However, with this law going into
effect that could shut down my small sewing business, I don't want to
be inundated with fabric for a while.

What I did receive was Wii Play (which came with another remote) and a
new cover - bonus for me since the children have chewed on the
original remotes and covers, they now know that the new one is MOMs
only! I also received 2 new charms for my MOPS necklace. MOPS =
Mothers of PreSchoolers and they used to put out jewelry for each
year's theme. However, given that they weren't making any money, they
stopped making them. So, this year I got a butterfly for last year's
theme and a roller coaster for this year's theme. I also received a
beautiful gold locket with "mom" engraved on it and which I was able
to put pictures of my little angels in. I had bought myself 2 t-
shirts: "I can't believe I own a minivan" and "They say I have ADD,
but they just don't understand.....oh look, a chicken!" And finally,
and statue of Tinker Bell that says "I don't Tink so!"

So appropriate and fun! Best wishes to all and may this be a
wonderful quilty year for all

Larisa
Old December 26th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

Congrats on the new machine, Dee. You'll love it, I'm sure.

We just returned from spending the day at my mom's house - way too much to
eat, but a good day. Played lots of dominos and just enjoyed being with each
other. The only quit-related gift I received was a DVD on freehand quilting
on the longarm. I also had asked for a neck/shoulder massager, and my niece
came through for me! I couldn't wait to try that one out, and just finished
a very relaxing 15 minutes!

I hope everyone had a warm and wonderful Christmas!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

. au...

Old December 26th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Our kids and grandkids are coming tomorrow, the 26th. That gives them a
day at home to rest and recover from Christmas Eve with the other
grandparents . DH & I opened our gifts for each other last night.
Nothing quilt-y, but he did surprise me with a pair of diamond earrings!
He is not one to buy much jewelry -- in fact the last jewelry he picked
out by himself was my engagement ring 42 years ago and the pearl
necklace he gave me as a wedding gift. I was pretty surprised; I'd been
kidding him about diamond earrings, but never thought he'd really do it.

We spent a few hours yesterday and again today volunteering at the local
Ronald McDonald House. Today a group of volunteers prepared a big
Christmas dinner for the House guests and their extended families -- a
pretty big group. They fixed 10 turkeys and 5 hams plus all the
trimmings. We got in on the feast, too. Except for a couple hours during
the meal today, it was pretty quiet over there. Lots of people came in
to donate plates of cookies or breads. They are overflowing with baked
goodies now. If you want to donate to a place like that in your area, it
may be best to check ahead. The local house needs paper goods and basic
supplies more than baked goods at this time of the year. I suspect that
the baked goods would be appreciated more in a few months.

Julia in MN

-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Old December 26th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

You have received the gift of peace and quiet. No crying children and no
arguing relatives.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

"maryd" wrote in message
ers2...
DH is working today so I've spent the day alone watching TV, the snow
fall, and sewing. We will have a ham dinner later and watch TV. No
quilty gifts.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
. au...

Old December 26th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

I receive that gift every day. I would have loved to hear the clamor of my
grandkids today.

--
"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
You have received the gift of peace and quiet. No crying children and no
arguing relatives.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr
http://kayahr.blogspot.com/
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

"maryd" wrote in message
ers2...
DH is working today so I've spent the day alone watching TV, the snow
fall, and sewing. We will have a ham dinner later and watch TV. No
quilty gifts.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
. au...

Old December 26th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Merry Christmas... What did you receive

Well, yes, Kay. Mary's day sounded pretty good to us too. We have finally
tossed the last cookie monster out the door. Yogi is stretched out like a
dachshund on the hearth. You might say he's dog tired. Polly

"Kay Ahr" wrote You have received the gift of peace and quiet. No crying
children and no
arguing relatives.

"maryd" wrote DH is working today so I've spent the day alone watching

Merry Christmas! Sunny[_2_] Quilting 0 December 25th 07 06:22 AM
Merry Christmas to you all! Aud Yarn 8 December 25th 06 04:12 AM
OT Thanks and Merry Christmas NanaV Quilting 2 December 23rd 04 05:33 PM
Merry Christmas CMM PDX2 Sewing 0 December 21st 03 09:34 PM