OT Update- prayers have been answered!

Old October 5th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT Update- prayers have been answered!

Thank you all for your hugs, good thoughts and prayers. 'We' are home from
the vet- me and Missy, too! He listened to her heart and lungs and thumped
her sides. She is full of cancer- both internally and the obvious lumps
under her skin and on her beautiful face. Missy is very large for a female
Golden- she weighs 73 lbs. even with the cancer. He said it is a tribute to
her and I that a dog her size lived past 10 years old. She will be thirteen
in December. She is now on borrowed time. It is a day to day thing and she
is surviving on love against the odds. She is still fairly active, alert
and playful and eating well, so we can hope for some additional time
together. She was prescribed prednisone- the thinking is that she may have
some inflammation in her nasal passages and this may ease her breathing
difficulties. If it doesn't work then we will resort to pain meds for as
long as she can continue having a reasonable quality of life

Thank you, Lxxd, for prayers answered.

Leslie, Missy and The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 5th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Give her tons of love and cherish each moment you have left. Hopefully
she'll continue to do well for a long time.
Gen

Old October 5th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Indeed, for this much thanks.
If she needs love in your night time, I'll be up for her.
..
In message , Leslie & The Furbabies
in MO. writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 5th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
[...]

Oh, Leslie, I'm *so* glad for you and Missy! What wonderful news! As
for her age, I have had two Dobermans in the past, and each lived to
almost 13; Dexter, who is a lab/chow mix and no slouch in the size
department, will be 13 in December (like Missy!). I don't think many
large dogs live past 15, but it doesn't seem to me to be unreasonable to
expect more than ten years. Given Missy's cancer, there can be no
doubt that you are the major reason she is still alive and happy -- I
just think that some vets are too quick to assume a short life span for
larger dogs.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old October 6th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

Hooray! Any extra time is precious, enjoy it!
--
Debi

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Old October 6th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Hug and kiss that sweet pup and love every moment with her. Take
photos, of her and of her with you. And give her a hug from me. My
arms still have extras.

Hugs to you too,
Sunny

Old October 6th 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
FiederEls in NL.

Now that is good news for me to wake up to.. .
I am happy to see that you are given some more time together.. and i am sure
you will enjoy that to the fullest..
Oh and Kyra says HI! to Missy too..

FiederEls.

Old October 6th 07, 09:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Glad you still have your Missy, even though you know it might not be for
long. We have always been lucky that our large dogs---German Sheapard and
Retreiver have liked to at least 12 - 114 years.
Barbara in SC
"Debi Matlack" wrote in message Hooray! Any extra time is precious,
enjoy it!
--

.
Thank you all for your hugs, good thoughts and prayers. 'We' are home
from the vet- me and Missy, too! He listened to her heart and lungs and
thumped her sides. She is full of cancer- both internally and the

obvious
lumps under her skin and on her beautiful face. Missy is very large for

female Golden- she weighs 73 lbs. even with the cancer. He said it is a
tribute to her and I that a dog her size lived past 10 years old. She
will be thirteen in December. She is now on borrowed time. snip

Old October 6th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Wonderful news, Leslie. Your darlin' Missy is obviously not ready to
leave you and her companions just yet. Cherish every extra day you have
with her, and she'll be the better for it. Best wishes to her, and you.

Patti in Seattle