horn vs koala vs sylvia vs...??

Old June 27th 04, 05:23 AM
hfw

Default horn vs koala vs sylvia vs...??

I'm beginning to look for a sewing machine cabinet. Actually I'm looking for
the kind like Quilter's Dream from Horn of America, since I would have it
open all the time. I'd love to have your comments on quality, features to
look for, recommended manufacturers, good sources, etc.

TIA!

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old June 27th 04, 04:02 PM
WhansaMi

I'm beginning to look for a sewing machine cabinet. Actually I'm looking for
the kind like Quilter's Dream from Horn of America, since I would have it
open all the time. I'd love to have your comments on quality, features to
look for, recommended manufacturers, good sources, etc.

TIA!

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

I got the Horn, Quilter's Dream about 3 weeks ago. I LOVE it. It has made my
work so much easier than the dining room table!

The big surprise for me was that I really like that extra little table off to
the left. Initially, I put it behind the table, saying to my DH "I'd rather
have the drawer easily available." But, now I keep it attached. It makes hand
stitching and pinning so much easier.

Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with a Quilter's Dream.

Sheila
Old June 28th 04, 05:30 AM
Elizabeth Young

hfw wrote:
I'm beginning to look for a sewing machine cabinet. Actually I'm looking for
the kind like Quilter's Dream from Horn of America, since I would have it
open all the time. I'd love to have your comments on quality, features to
look for, recommended manufacturers, good sources, etc.

I have and like the Koala Outback Plus.
It folds up quite small considering how large it is when 'fully deployed'.
I also like the center of needle sitting position.

It did come mostly assembled and is quite heavy. My boyfriend and I had
a very hard time getting it up the stairs - so if you get something like
this, opt for delivery.

My suggestion is to go to a dealer that sells these (hope there is one
in your area) and sit at each one and try them out.

liz young in cool california
Old June 28th 04, 05:54 AM
hfw

Thanks...
I'm looking for one that's more like a desk than a cabinet, since it will be
open all the time. I think in Koala it's the Quilt Mate III, which I've only
seen online. I'm hoping I can see one "in person" tomorrow.
I feel sorry for the delivery people--we're on the fourth floor of an old
building with high ceilings and the tiny elevator can only handle 350
lbs--so maybe one guy if he's not huge and can figure out how to get in
there with it!

Old June 28th 04, 11:34 AM
Shirley.Caylor

I also bought the Koala Outback Plus for the same reason. I like the
position of the machine in the center. It gives me a little more room on
both sides of the machine.

I think you'll like it.

Shirley Caylor

hfw wrote:
I'm beginning to look for a sewing machine cabinet. Actually I'm looking

for
the kind like Quilter's Dream from Horn of America, since I would have

it
open all the time. I'd love to have your comments on quality, features

look for, recommended manufacturers, good sources, etc.

I have and like the Koala Outback Plus.
It folds up quite small considering how large it is when 'fully deployed'.
I also like the center of needle sitting position.

It did come mostly assembled and is quite heavy. My boyfriend and I had
a very hard time getting it up the stairs - so if you get something like
this, opt for delivery.

My suggestion is to go to a dealer that sells these (hope there is one
in your area) and sit at each one and try them out.

liz young in cool california

FA: Canvas Embroidery for Beginners by Sylvia Green 1970 HB Number1Fred Marketplace 0 January 20th 05 08:22 PM
Nice things to say about Big Horn Quilts ginmaru Quilting 8 April 23rd 04 11:44 PM
Big Horn Quilts Julia Altshuler Quilting 13 March 3rd 04 11:26 PM
Tooting my own horn starlia Beads 7 February 4th 04 04:26 PM
Tooting my horn a little (on topic) Kathy Applebaum Quilting 38 July 26th 03 11:09 PM