slightly OT--Paducah

Old June 22nd 04, 09:03 PM
judy in fort worth

Default slightly OT--Paducah

My DH and I are making our annual pilgrimage to visit the family in
Illinois. This year instead of zooming straight up there and back, we are
making a real vacation of it. We are going to Memphis for a day or so to
see the Elvis stuff and then stopping in Paducah so that I can go to the
museum and Hancock's. Is there anything else in Paducah that we should be
sure to see? What about your favorite restaurants in the area? We try to
avoid the chain restaurants when we travel and we like to try whatever the
area is known for (foodwise). Any suggestions?

judy in fort worth
remove 4 to reply directly

Old June 22nd 04, 09:29 PM
Monique Reed

There are some good restaurants down by the River Wall. Can't
remember the name of the one we ate at. It had seafood and some great
desserts...

Monique

--
˙WPC5
Old June 22nd 04, 10:06 PM
KJ

One of the restaurants in the area that is pretty famous is Patti's 1880
Settlement. You can Google for more information. They are always busy but
the food is amazing! Just too much!
http://www.pattis-settlement.com/home/
There are several restaurants in the downtown area that are always on our
list. Jeremiah's steak house on the main drag (can't remember the numbered
street...perpendicular to the river...about 4 blocks from the museum) is
good.

http://www.paducah-tourism.org/subca...owntown+Dining
We also never miss going to "Max's Brick Oven Cafe" downtown. Sometimes we
go twice while at the quilt show.
Check out the convention and Visitor's Bureau website I linked. The Artist
Relocation program is interesting. Sounds like an FBI thing doesn't
it....change the identities of artists and send them to Paducah. But some
of the restored buildings are lovely and others are on their way to looking
like new again.
Have a great trip. I just love visiting Paducah. We don't have
reservations for next April, I hope I don't go through withdrawal!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

.. .

Old June 23rd 04, 03:19 PM
BarbQuilts

I second the recommendation for "Max's Brick Oven Cafe".

--
BarbQuilts
Take out the Cat to reply

Old June 25th 04, 09:25 PM
theys

Not a restaurant but please go to Quilter's Alley for some S.E.X. Its
such a great store and you can walk from the Museum. Its right in
front of the Executive Inn. Wonderful store.. Also many antique
stores downtown. I think one is called Jason's.