Back from Colorado!

Old June 22nd 04, 11:18 AM
AliceW

Default Back from Colorado!

Well, had a great time at my nephew's wedding in Loveland (great place for a
wedding, huh?) but the only glitch was that it rained from the minute we
stepped off the plane to the minute we boarded for the return trip 5 days
later! Everyone there was thrilled with the rain since they are in the
middle of a bad drought, but it was supposed to be an outdoor wedding! As
it turned out, they were married indoors in front of a beautiful floor to
ceiling big stone fireplace. It was a lovely ceremony and my nephew was
thrilled that so many made the trip from the east coast.

I made them a quilt as part of their wedding gift and they were stunned -
they had no clue I was making one for them. I had not been able to figure
out a name for the quilt - they normally name themselves somewhere along the
way, but I wasn't hearing anything. I had written in their card that their
love may keep them warm but one the rare occasion that it didn't, this would
be plan B. Then it hit me - "Plan B" and the quilt had a name!

No S.E.X on this trip - too many group outings and not too many shops, but
my sister called me yesterday and she had found several shops in Estes Park
and bought me some FQs - bless her heart!

I will post pix of the wedding quilt and the first baby quilt that I have
now finished soon. I'm in the middle of getting the last items done for my
DD baby shower on Sunday. She has no clue.........

It's good to be back!
--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old June 22nd 04, 12:14 PM
Kate Dicey

AliceW wrote:
[...]

Sounds like Colorado in the rain was the best place to be! Looking
forward to the pix...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old June 22nd 04, 04:13 PM

Welcome back, Alice. Nice to hear they loved their quilt. Have fun at
the baby shower! Nancycog in MD

Old June 22nd 04, 06:37 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"AliceW" wrote:

[...]

It sounds like the wedding was gorgeous, despite the weather! I can
understand how everyone from the area would be glad of the rain, though;
we're in the middle of the same severe drought and are hoping for some
relief soon. Best of luck with the surprise shower, and I can't wait to
see your pics!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM
Tips - back to basics Eli Quilting 7 March 27th 04 03:00 PM
back home again CNYstitcher Quilting 3 February 9th 04 03:09 PM
I'm back -- and the stash is safe! ;) -- somewhat OT Sandy Foster Quilting 6 January 15th 04 07:02 PM
Back from Florida! Is on topic too. AliceW Quilting 5 November 13th 03 01:33 PM