OT - request for everyone

Old November 10th 04, 04:38 AM
bluemaxx

Default OT - request for everyone

When posting *political rants/links/opinions/etc., could we please start
to have some sort of OT-type of _code word_ in the subject line?

Maybe something like the initials " PR "... for Political Rant?

Poll anyone? Yea or Nay to add PR to subject lines?

--
Linda

---

Old November 10th 04, 04:56 AM
bluemaxx

S'ok, Mj... Really... it's not just your posts... but I don't
believe that it's just me feeling this way either, from other posts &
especially the *non-posts* I don't see from a lot of people.

It's just that the election is over. Period. Bush is our Prez for the
next 4 years, for good or ill. I'm just real tired of reading about
all the "ill" he's created/creating in this group. I watch CNN, and
FOX and also our local news ... and then I come in here to quietly lift
my spirits, maybe find a laugh or two, and I still keep finding
political bashings of President Bush and his Cabinet.

It really upsets me, because I consider this group to be a safe-haven to
relax in... not to come here to read and then get more upset over
politics. shrug YMMV. I just want to kill the threads before I
even see them.
hugz,
Linda

"Mj" wrote in message
: Sorry - should have thought of that myself. Didn't mean to offend.
:
: Mj
:
: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: ...
: When posting *political rants/links/opinions/etc., could we please
start
: to have some sort of OT-type of _code word_ in the subject line?
:
: Maybe something like the initials " PR "... for Political Rant?
:
: Poll anyone? Yea or Nay to add PR to subject lines?
:
: --
: Linda
:
:
:
: ---
: --
:
:
:
:

---

Old November 10th 04, 05:08 AM
Christina Peterson

How about simply "OT Politics". Simpler than remembering what the initials
are for. I'll try to remember.

Tina

Old November 10th 04, 05:14 AM
Mj

I understand, Linda, but I have no outlet for my own frustration at home -
divided household no less. Shouldn't have brought it here either, I guess.
I certainly hope for *all* of us that at the end of the next four years I'm
eating crow and you're laughing at our unfounded fears.

No more comments from me. I'll stick to advertising my stuff and nothing
more and do my well-wishing and encouragement off-group too.

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline

Old November 10th 04, 05:27 AM
bluemaxx

Ohh... now I feel bad, Marjean... I'm sorry!
Honey, why don't you check out some of the political groups to read and
post in? There are a gazillion of them!

Here's a few links to political newsgroups... they're clickable links
and take you right to the newsgroup if your ISP carries the group.
Oh... and Bush is on top ONLY because this is a fair and balanced
alphabetical listing.
and lots more!

hugz,
Linda

: =================================
: Marjean Cline
: Halsey Trading Company
: eBay ID: ladymorgause
: http://stores.ebay.com/Halsey-Tradin...ny?refid=store
: =================================
:
: ...
&
[...]
: even see them.
: hugz,
: Linda
:
:

---

Old November 10th 04, 05:46 AM
Marisa2

Mj,

I personally like the politics threads.

I know others have complained about htem before, though.

Tina's suggestion seems perfect.

Just like Kathy N-V's "story" posts, we can tell which thread is which
and those who are interested can read, those who can't, can sort easily.

marisa2

Old November 10th 04, 08:36 AM
Kandice Seeber

No, because the subject should already say what the thread is about, and
people use filters for OT already. I think it's fine like it is - changing
would confuse things. If we did this, I imagine there would be more
people asking for specific code words about things that they may not wish to
see (pet posts, women's reproductive issue posts, religious posts, etc.).
That would confuse anyone who wasn't familiar with the group and would take
a while to get used to. I think if people put OT in the subject line and
then follow that with what the thread is about, that will be enough.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 10th 04, 08:39 AM
Kandice Seeber

So don't read the posts. The subject line is clear enough, isn't it? Or
when you see the first sentence of a post, you can see that it's a political
post, so you can mark it as read and move on, right? If something is
offensive to you, please don't read it. Or respond to it if you have an
opinion. But we have already established a protocol for filtering out OT
and AD posts. No offense intended, Linda, but this is what we have been
arguing over for awhile now. JMO, YMMV and all that.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

"Mj" wrote in message
: Sorry - should have thought of that myself. Didn't mean to offend.
:
: Mj
:
: ...