OT Reporting in- Dense Lemon Squares

Old July 6th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT Reporting in- Dense Lemon Squares

There was such a flurry of replies to my thread asking for "lemon brownies"
that I can't find the name of the wonderful, clever person who posted the
recipe for Dense Lemon Squares. Sorry!

I just made them and..... WOW!!! THANK YOU for finding that recipe and
sharing it! I added 1/4 tsp. of pure lemon extract with the lemon juice and
used salted butter (what I had on hand) and skipped the 1/4 tsp. of salt.

They are EXCELLENT! The texture is more like cornbread than brownies- I
wish they were just a teeny bit moister. Any ideas on how to accomplish
that?

All in all- HIGHLY recommended!!! Yummy in my tummy! VB

Lemony Leslie & The Lemony Furbabies in MO.

Old July 6th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Answering myself here. It was Taria- THANK YOU! again- who found the
recipe!

http://www.recipezaar.com/153520

Leslie- still lemony and The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 6th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I found that recipe after Sandy suggested a search for lemon brownies.
One thing led to another and there was just what you were looking for.
I am going to try them too. I don't do a lot of tweaking with baking
recipes but if you just lightened the flour a tad? Maybe add an extra
egg? Someone else probably can make better suggestions.
Nice to hear you so happy Leslie.
TAria

Old July 6th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

I am getting a tad aggravated by these recipe posts.
Every time I read one, I gain 5 pounds!!
It is not MY fault ... it is these posts.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it ... of course
I'm sticking, what with the sticky food and all!!
PAT, LOL in VA/USA

Old July 6th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

For extra moistu make up some lemon syrup, as in Lemon Drizzle Cake;
make holes in the cake before cutting, when just slightly warm, and pour
the syrup over the cake so that it is absorbed through the holes.
That's why I suggested LDC gg
..
In message , Leslie & The Furbabies
in MO. writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 6th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

found this on the same site Taria posted her find on.
http://www.recipezaar.com/107919
Lemon Chewies...sounds like another possible in your quest for Lemon
Brownies.
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old July 6th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

As a veteran recipe tweaker, here's a few suggestions on ways to get a more
moist mouth-feel.

The two standbys for moist texture are fat and applesauce. Since the recipe
already is, shall we say, not very low calorie, I'd try adding the
applesauce first. Try a half cup or a cup, and see what you think.

Another possibility is to change the mixing directions. Try using softened
(colder than room temp, but warmer than fridge temp) butter, and creaming it
with the sugar. (Cream until the butter turns noticeably lighter -- most
people don't cream a butter/sugar mixture nearly long enough). Then add the
eggs in, one at a time. Then finish the recipe as written. This will change
the texture into a finer, less cornbread texture, and might also be what
you're looking for.
--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old July 6th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

This is why, my dear Pat, friend and quilty comrade,
that I sent pics of quilts & foods, not the actual calorie-laden
food items themselves. I do it for love. ;-D

http://tinyurl.com/ywashz

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy

Old July 6th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Does this mean you are making this quilt for me, dear
Ragmop? HQ of course, I know.
PAT, smiling in anticipation in VA/USA

Old July 6th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

had another thot.
those chewies have oatmeal in them.
i've got this recipe that also uses oatmeal but chocolate recipe.
it is one of our all time favourites.
fwiw, might be able to adapt this to lemon?? anyone?

OAT FUDGE SLICE
Into one bowl...
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1 1/2 cups boiling water
let this stand to absorb the water.
then add
1/3 cup of Butter or Margarine
let this melt into the hot oats.
then beat in...
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract

in another bowl.....
1 cup Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
mix well.

add dry to wet, mix really well,
this will be a rather gloopy mixture, not to worry, it tastes reallllllllly
good.
pour into a greased pan, one that holds what a 10inch round pie plate holds,
approximately.
bake for bout 35mins at 180C or 360F.
let it cool and ice with....

Chocolate Icing
3/4 cup Icing (powdered, confectioners) Sugar
1 TBL Butter or Margarine
1 TBL Cocoa Powder
a wee tiny bit of hot water to make a nice consistency, not too runny
though.
enjoy!!!!!

added nuts or various dried fruit to your liking.

i hope someone knows how to adapt recipes. this is a great chocolate one and
i'd be pleased to know how to fix for lemon as we've a lot of lemons here
now.
tia,
jeanne
with my fingers crossed
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

OT lemon cakes Taria Quilting 24 December 7th 06 03:42 AM
AD: Lemon Flower Garden Cindy Schoepp Beads 3 July 16th 05 01:06 AM
Question about fading stains w/sun and lemon juice Doreen Quilting 14 March 29th 05 06:27 AM
"lemon sherbet" stitching? Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 13 July 12th 04 03:34 PM
Lemon Pledge AlleyCatStudio1 Polymer Clay 3 March 13th 04 10:25 PM