Importing directory into Excel

Old July 31st 03, 02:53 AM
AliceW

Default Importing directory into Excel

There were a few postings that had the directions for getting the directory
into Excel format. I can't find them on Google. Does anyone remember the
directions? They would be most appreciated.

--
Alice in NJ
RCTQ - "Royal Cybrarian"

Old July 31st 03, 03:54 AM
Ann

Hi Alice
I have Excel 2002. I opened up Excel and in the search boxed typed "table
to excel" and found your answer. In case you have a different version,
etc., I've cut and pasted the directions. It worked great for me so hope it
works for you

Ann

Copy a Word table into Excel

1.. In Microsoft Word, select the rows and columns of the table you want
to copy.
If you want to select the entire table, click the table, point to Select on
the Table menu, and then click Table.

2.. Click Copy on the Standard toolbar.
3.. Switch to your Microsoft Excel worksheet.
4.. Click in the upper-left corner of the worksheet area where you want to
paste the table.
Cells from the copied table replace any existing cells in the area.

5.. Click Paste .
6.. To adjust the formatting, click Paste Options next to the data, and
then click Match Destination Formatting to use any formatting that was
previously applied to the Excel cells, or Keep Source Formatting to match
the formatting of the Word table as closely as possible.
Note Excel pastes the contents of each cell in the Word table to a
separate Excel cell. If you want to split the data in the cells further, for
example to divide first and last names so they're in separate cells, use the
Text to Columns command on the Data menu.

"AliceW" wrote in message
There were a few postings that had the directions for getting the

directory
into Excel format. I can't find them on Google. Does anyone remember the
directions? They would be most appreciated.

--
Alice in NJ
RCTQ - "Royal Cybrarian"
www.ourcyberfamily.us
"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still likes you."
Elbert Hubbard

New Directory looking for submissions Adam Sargant Jewelry 2 November 16th 04 04:37 PM
RCTQ Directory Cindy S. Quilting 7 July 25th 03 08:54 AM
CORRECTED VERSION of the RCTQ directory Vol 9 going out Marcia Smith Quilting 5 July 23rd 03 09:24 AM
Directory update Vol 9. ONE MORE WEEK TO RESPOND OR YOU MISS OUT. NO LATE ADDITIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 0 July 9th 03 10:22 PM