Circular and double pointed needles?

Old July 19th 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

Default Circular and double pointed needles?

I haven't been here in a long time and I hope everyone is doing well.
Anyway, I have a class of 10 boys that are learning knitting and I
worked up a stocking cap pattern that uses US size 13 circular needles
(16"). I used my Denise needles to make the sample and now I find
that there are very few suppliers of this size of needle and I need to
also supply, eventually, double-pointed size 13 needles.

So has anyone seen an inexpensive circular needle I could source for
my class?

Padishar Creel - who knits too much and exercises too little!

Old July 19th 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)

http://www.angelyarns.com/knitting/addicirc.php
http://www.woollyworkshop.co.uk/acatalog/Inox_Circular_Knitting_Needles.html
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old July 19th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

Padishar Creel wrote:
I haven't been here in a long time and I hope everyone is doing well.
Anyway, I have a class of 10 boys that are learning knitting and I
worked up a stocking cap pattern that uses US size 13 circular needles
(16"). I used my Denise needles to make the sample and now I find
that there are very few suppliers of this size of needle and I need to
also supply, eventually, double-pointed size 13 needles.

So has anyone seen an inexpensive circular needle I could source for
my class?

Padishar Creel - who knits too much and exercises too little!

You can make some using dowels and tubing or filament. There's some
posts how to make them here -
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...50521#msg50521
and here -
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...7153#msg287153
and a tutorial
http://stringthings.blogspot.com/200...r-needles.html probably
other places online too.

You can get inexpensive bamboo ones on ebay too; they're from china and
about $1 each plus $2 shipping. They might charge less for shipping for
10 of them.

sue
Old July 19th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
betsey

On Jul 19, 6:27*am, Padishar Creel wrote:
I haven't been here in a long time and I hope everyone is doing well.
Anyway, I have a class of 10 boys that are learning knitting and I
worked up a stocking cap pattern that uses US size 13 circular needles
(16"). *I used my Denise needles to make the sample and now I find
that there are very few suppliers of this size of needle and I need to
also supply, eventually, double-pointed size 13 needles.

So has anyone seen an inexpensive circular needle I could source for
my class?

Padishar Creel - who knits too much and exercises too little!

hey...as a beginner knitter...any chance of getting your directions?
(and i have denise needles!g0

betsey
Old July 19th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

On Jul 19, 8:54*am, betsey wrote:
On Jul 19, 6:27*am, Padishar Creel wrote:

I haven't been here in a long time and I hope everyone is doing well.
Anyway, I have a class of 10 boys that are learning knitting and I
worked up a stocking cap pattern that uses US size 13 circular needles
(16"). *I used my Denise needles to make the sample and now I find
that there are very few suppliers of this size of needle and I need to
also supply, eventually, double-pointed size 13 needles.

So has anyone seen an inexpensive circular needle I could source for
my class?

Padishar Creel - who knits too much and exercises too little!

hey...as a beginner knitter...any chance of getting your directions?
(and i have denise needles!g0

betsey

You bet, I have it posted he www.ravelry.com/people/manlyknits --
enjoy
Old July 20th 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
betsey

On Jul 19, 4:18*pm, Padishar Creel wrote:
On Jul 19, 8:54*am, betsey wrote:

On Jul 19, 6:27*am, Padishar Creel wrote:

I haven't been here in a long time and I hope everyone is doing well.
Anyway, I have a class of 10 boys that are learning knitting and I
worked up a stocking cap pattern that uses US size 13 circular needles
(16"). *I used my Denise needles to make the sample and now I find
that there are very few suppliers of this size of needle and I need to
also supply, eventually, double-pointed size 13 needles.

So has anyone seen an inexpensive circular needle I could source for
my class?

Padishar Creel - who knits too much and exercises too little!

hey...as a beginner knitter...any chance of getting your directions?
(and i have denise needles!g0

betsey

You bet, I have it posted hewww.ravelry.com/people/manlyknits--
enjoy- Hide quoted text -