New needles to buy!

Old August 25th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

Default New needles to buy!

My fellow needlecrafters,

I rec'd a nice message from someone who attended the Stitches Midwest
Show and she was sharing new things she saw. I love new needles and
she shared this website where you can custom make your needles to some
extent.

www.signatureneedlearts.com/index.php

No, I am not affliated with any knitting supply company; just your
normal average yarn addict

Padishar Creel -- still on his quest for the perfect knitting needles
and bag...

Old August 26th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
friendlyhands

On Aug 25, 3:12 pm, Padishar Creel wrote:
My fellow needlecrafters,

I rec'd a nice message from someone who attended the Stitches Midwest
Show and she was sharing new things she saw. I love new needles and
she shared this website where you can custom make your needles to some
extent.

www.signatureneedlearts.com/index.php

Etsy sells hand carved crochet hooks from wood. Wow do those feel
good!
http://resplendentcreations.etsy.com
and yes I sell and buy on etsy
http://annette1533.etsy.com

Old September 3rd 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

I decided I just have to have to have a set for myself. I ordered the
7" in size 7 - 4.5mm with the stiletto point and the swirl end cap.
They arrived in today's mail (very quickly I might mention) and they
are amazing! I set to casting on a 12 dozen stitches and got to
working up a test swatch. Mmm mmm, they are a total dream to work
with. I have found my new favorite needles for sure!

Old September 3rd 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

I look at the link you had provided. They do look nice. They cost more than
I am used to paying for needles. Maybe I will treat myself to a pair as a
reward after getting through the college class I just started today. I am
going to need an incentive
Marilyn

ups.com...

Old September 3rd 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

Are they made of aluminum or something else? I couldn't find a good
description anywhere.

--
Jan in MN

Old September 3rd 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

My friend Jan in MN asked: Are they made of aluminum or something
else? I couldn't find a good description anywhere.
---------
I believe the Signature Needles are made of anodized aluminum. I will
copy the owner on this posting and perhaps we can get an _official_
statement on that point. All I know is that they are absolutely the
best needles I have ever used, period.

Padishar Creel

Old September 6th 07, 08:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

On Sep 3, 8:18 am, "Jan" wrote:
Are they made of aluminum or something else? I couldn't find a good
description anywhere.

------------------
Jan, I found this on the Signature website, hope this helps, Padishar
Creel

Custom Needles by Signature Needles
Aluminum needles provide light weight and strength and allow stitches
that move quickly on the sleek surface. They are rust free and non-
allergenic. Unfortunately, the options for metal knitting needle
lovers have been limited. Signature needles have a surface that has
been hand polished to an 8 micron finish right here in the USA. In
addition, a choice of points for different yarns, different needle
lengths for different projects, and an array of beautiful caps make
for a needle personally designed by you for you.

Old September 6th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

"Padishar Creel" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 3, 8:18 am, "Jan" wrote:
Are they made of aluminum or something else? I couldn't find a good
description anywhere.

------------------
Jan, I found this on the Signature website, hope this helps, Padishar
Creel

Custom Needles by Signature Needles
Aluminum needles provide light weight and strength and allow stitches
that move quickly on the sleek surface. They are rust free and non-
allergenic. Unfortunately, the options for metal knitting needle
lovers have been limited. Signature needles have a surface that has
been hand polished to an 8 micron finish right here in the USA. In
addition, a choice of points for different yarns, different needle
lengths for different projects, and an array of beautiful caps make
for a needle personally designed by you for you.

Thanks, Padishar

--
Jan in MN