sewing machine extension tables

Old March 28th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Default sewing machine extension tables

you know what I mean, those plastic things with adjustable legs that you can
put round your machine to have a larger surface area supporting your work.

Any idea where I would buy one? Any particular brands available. I know
there is a local store that orders them to fit your machine, but that sounds
expensive, I'm looking to get a cheap one!

Anne

Old March 28th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

If you google 'acrylic sewing machine tables' all the various
manufacturers/types/dealers come up - all prices are variable with
shipping costs - it depends what size you want to have and whether you
want to have any added features or not.
jennellh

Old March 28th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana wilson

I just got mine!! Ordered from Nancy's Notions.

Nana....................Love it!!

Old March 28th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Betty in Wi

Be careful not to lean on it! I broke mine! DH glued it, but it's just not
the same.

Betty in WI

. ..

Old March 28th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

I just got mine!! Ordered from Nancy's Notions.

could you tell me the item number, or name of the product, I've used the
search box and can't find it, nor has searching in various categories found
it.

Anne

Old March 28th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Anne, go back to Nancy's Notions and ask for Sew Steady. Polly

"Anne Rogers" wrote could you tell me the item number, or name of the

Old March 28th 07, 06:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

In message , Anne Rogers
writes
you know what I mean, those plastic things with adjustable legs that you can
put round your machine to have a larger surface area supporting your work.

Any idea where I would buy one? Any particular brands available. I know
there is a local store that orders them to fit your machine, but that sounds
expensive, I'm looking to get a cheap one!

Anne

Anne have a look at the one on my website under other crafts.
I made a cut out of the machine arm in cardboard and took it to a glass
supplier. He cut me a 24 inch square of 6mm acrylic glass and then cut
the slot out to fit round the arm. Cost 20pounds.
DH then made some wooden legs 7 larger ones and a smaller one where it
rested on the front of the machine. He drilled holes and screwed the
wooden legs also he drilled two small holes at the corners of the inner
edge of cut out so if the glass did crack it would not go further than
the holes.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old March 28th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

another option is get a big cheap table, maybe a fold up one so you can put
it out of the way when you dont need it. then cut out a place to fit your
machine perfectly. add a shelf underneath for your machine to sit on so the
bed of the machine is flush with the table top and bobs your uncle.
theres pix of this in action somewhere and from what i read its not that
hard to do.
probly cost ya no more than what you want and you'd have a whole table.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...619916.html?11
this shows the machine flush but has a big shelf.
i was thinking using maybe perspex or wood and some U shaped brackets to
attach it under a plain table top.
i've been searching off and on all day and can not for the life of me find
the pix.
i'll check some more tomorrow and when i find it i'll post the link.
off to eat dinner soon.
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Anne Rogers" wrote...

Old March 28th 07, 08:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

The very expensive one that came with the Pfaff is not fragile unless
dropped on a hard tile floor.
Roberta in D

Old sewing machine question .. EMDEKO machine NE Sailboat Sewing 1 January 18th 07 07:39 PM
Is ths a good deal? Grace Quilting Sewing Frame +Janome 1600 Sewing Machine bobbi Quilting 12 December 8th 06 10:18 PM
Hibachi tables starlia Beads 1 February 13th 04 11:30 PM
those folding tables kim in cville va Quilting 1 November 21st 03 02:27 AM
Sewing Tables Marcella Tracy Peek Quilting 4 October 6th 03 06:08 PM