Shorter Circular Needles for Socks?

Old February 10th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

Default Shorter Circular Needles for Socks?

I have been knitting socks on two circular needles and when I am doing
the gusset I find the needle portion of the circulars are too long
making it difficult to turn on the heal.. What I think would work
better for me and perhaps others would be circulars where the needle
is 2" to 2 1/2" long instead of the 4" I am using now.

Anybody seen such circular needles? Oh by the way, I use 24"
circulars for these projects in size 2 through 4 right now.

Padishar Creel
Old February 10th 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Feb 10, 3:29*am, Padishar Creel wrote:
I have been knitting socks on two circular needles and when I am doing
the gusset I find the needle portion of the circulars are too long
making it difficult to turn on the heal.. *What I think would work
better for me and perhaps others would be circulars where the needle
is 2" to 2 1/2" long instead of the 4" I am using now.

Anybody seen such circular needles? *Oh by the way, I use 24"
circulars for these projects in size 2 through 4 right now.

Padishar Creel

Hallo Padisher maybe you should use DP only for the Gusset portion.
mirjam
Old February 10th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

Padishar Creel wrote:
I have been knitting socks on two circular needles and when I am doing
the gusset I find the needle portion of the circulars are too long
making it difficult to turn on the heal.. What I think would work
better for me and perhaps others would be circulars where the needle
is 2" to 2 1/2" long instead of the 4" I am using now.

Anybody seen such circular needles? Oh by the way, I use 24"
circulars for these projects in size 2 through 4 right now.

Padishar Creel

I just started a second pair of socks on 2 circs....using the same size you
are so wonder if the 16 inch would work better for that section of the
socks. I hate doing the cuff on dpns so my original idea is to do the cuffs
on the circs and switch to dpns for the rest of the sock.

Donna

Old February 10th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda D.

On Feb 9, 5:29 pm, Padishar Creel wrote:
I have been knitting socks on two circular needles and when I am doing
the gusset I find the needle portion of the circulars are too long
making it difficult to turn on the heal.. What I think would work
better for me and perhaps others would be circulars where the needle
is 2" to 2 1/2" long instead of the 4" I am using now.

Anybody seen such circular needles? Oh by the way, I use 24"
circulars for these projects in size 2 through 4 right now.

Padishar Creel

Had you thought about using the Magic Loop method for sock knitting?
I started knitting socks using two circulars, but recently switched to
the Magic Loop method, and one 32 inch circular. It's fantastic, and
terrific to not have to deal with a needle hanging down, or needles
falling out as they sometimes do when one uses double pointed
needles. Here's a video that shows how to do Magic Loop:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques

Hope this helps...Linda in B.C., Canada
Old February 11th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
sue

sue had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/Shorter...cks-17673-.htm
:

Padishar, I have the same problem. I just wonder if we could, if using
bamboo ended needles, cut them off and sand down the ends to points again.
Having them shorter would be much easier in picking up the gusset
stitches. If I get the nerve to try it I will let you know how it works.
Sue O'Marah
-------------------------------------
Padishar Creel wrote:

I have been knitting socks on two circular needles and when I am doing
the gusset I find the needle portion of the circulars are too long
making it difficult to turn on the heal.. What I think would work
better for me and perhaps others would be circulars where the needle
is 2" to 2 1/2" long instead of the 4" I am using now.

Anybody seen such circular needles? Oh by the way, I use 24"
circulars for these projects in size 2 through 4 right now.

Padishar Creel

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.yarn - 17226 messages and counting!
Old February 11th 08, 07:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

Sue, you are the bomb! That is exactly what I am going to do...thanks
so much..

On Feb 10, 5:17*pm, (sue) wrote:
sue had written this in response tohttp://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/Shorter-Circular-Needles-for-Socks-17673...
*:

Padishar Creel wrote:
I have been knitting socks on two circular needles and when I am doing
the gusset I find the needle portion of the circulars are too long
making it difficult to turn on the heal.. *What I think would work
better for me and perhaps others would be circulars where the needle
is 2" to 2 1/2" long instead of the 4" I am using now.
Anybody seen such circular needles? *Oh by the way, I use 24"
circulars for these projects in size 2 through 4 right now.
Padishar Creel

Delivered via *http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.yarn - 17226 messages and counting!

2 Lots of Circular Knitting Needles on ebay + an Addi Turbo circular on auction M.Safier Marketplace 0 January 21st 08 02:19 AM
circular needle socks Bud and Jo Yarn 1 December 15th 03 01:05 AM
Socks on circular needles Katherine Burgess Yarn 5 August 20th 03 11:55 PM
Socks on circular needles? Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 11 August 4th 03 01:25 PM
Socks on circular needles? Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 August 4th 03 12:32 AM