I need a fabric detective

Old April 30th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default I need a fabric detective

Thanks very much Sally. I'll check around.
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
Mine came fron Sew and So's at Bungay.
http://www.sewsos.co.uk/

at a show - they were going like hot cakes! In fact I just missed out
on one of the colours. I looked on their web site but that fabric
wasn't there, but then they can't put everything in the shop on.

I also looked at which shows they were going to, but no info. They do
do shows though.

Makower have a list of their stockists on their site under 'Links' -
you might find that helpful.

I'm finding it really useful - you know a different shade from the same
piece will tone in well.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 1st 07, 09:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
recarlos

Default I need a fabric detective/thanks

Thank you all very much for your help.
I have to thank John also for the fabulous link he sent. There are some
wonderful things
on there. Very dangerous the Waves collection is to die for.And the fan of
colour is gobswaggling..
http://www.virginiaquilter.com/walls/TWallombre.html.
I shall have to hide this one from my husband.
The marble ombre is beaut but I need a plan one more in the style of the one
Sally sent that looked more like brush strokes, and the 780Q is very close
but seems to be beige rather than yellow. I tried a website for Woodrow
Studio but couldn't get far.
It is a little difficult to appreciate the colours on screen, which is
another problem.
And yes, Sally, I do realise that the prices in UK are not what we are used
to here.
I have already got a list from my sister for about six lots of fabric she
wants me to bring for her. She doesn't have a computer so I have to scan it
print and send the picture by airmail to her and she rings and gives me the
okay. I hope to have some room for my clothing.
Thanks again to you all, I knew there would be a few links to go through
and, maybe hidden in one of them is just what I need. Maybe I could soak a
darker one and get some of the colour to run out?
Thankyou, you wonderful ones.
Ruth,
Sydney

Old May 1st 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Try this link to the Cotton Club. Caryl Breyer Fallert has a line of
gradation fabrics out that are just yummy.

http://cottonclub.com/cgi-bin/Store/...es=0&lastmenu=

McKenna Ryan also has an ombre line of fabric.

Old May 2nd 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
recarlos

Wow that looks very close to what I need I will contact them about the
deepest shade.
Thank you very much, it's great.
Ruth
Sydney