what's a good price?

Old April 19th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default what's a good price?

I've never bought or priced batting on a bolt before. I like Quilter's
Dream, or something similar, that's enjoyable for hand-quilting. What does
something like that cost? At least if you can get me in the ball park I
won't get snookered.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 19th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita in MA

My only experience with this (so far) was purchasing a bolt of Warm &
Natural from Joann's during a 50% off sale. That was a 40 yard roll at
$5.00 a yard (reg. price $9.99). I hope others can give you better
guidance :-)

Rita L.

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/ggollymm
Old April 19th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I buy the same thing as Rita- W&N at 50% off from Joann. Here's a pic
of the nifty way my hubby made a hanger for my bolt. He used closet
rod supports and a metal rod thru the bolt. I'm thinking the bolts
are sometimes 30 yards, as I recall paying $180 for the bolt and a few
spools of thread??? It's been about 2 years and I'm still working on
the same bolt.... but then I haven't been too productive.... but now
that I've learned FMing..... WATCH OUT!!! LOL

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...60435514aIBTKy

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old April 19th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Karen, I suspect to get your hands on Quilters Dream Cotton on a roll,
you would probably have to have a business liscense. And it is really
pricey, and keep in mind shipping on a roll of batt isn't cheap.
That's why you usually don't see batting on a roll very often. And
Leslie & Rita are right, depending on the width there is anywhere from
30-45 yards on a roll of batt. I haven't hand quilted in quite some
time due to hands not loving it, but you might check with the guys at
kingsmen quilting supply and see what they sell on a roll.
http://www.kmquiltingsupply.com/ They don't have a minimum so you
won't be forced to buy multiple rolls and they are closer to you so
your shipping would be reasonable. I don't know what they require a
liscense for and what they don't. I know for some things they do.
HTH

Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva

Old April 19th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Think I paid about $160 with postage for 30 yds of Hobbs unbonded bleached
100% cotton, queen size. Have only machine quilted it. But the 80-20 bonded
version was perfectly fine to hand quilt.
I looove having a Whole Bolt!
Roberta in D

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" Karen @ PlayPianoNow.info schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:MrKVh.2717$n_.1818@attbi_s21...

Old April 19th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

You can buy Quilter's Dream by the bolt he

http://www.batt-mart.com/site/490194/page/94160

Old April 19th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I was hoping Hancock's of Paducah would have something and I could have
Cindy snag it for me while she's down there. Does anybody know?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 19th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Apr 19, 1:47 pm, wrote:
You can buy Quilter's Dream by the bolt he

http://www.batt-mart.com/site/490194/page/94160

Ok... the first messge froze, so my apologies if it shows up twice.
The prices listed at the batt-mart link Paegan2 posted are really
good. Keep in mind they would add shipping on to that so tack on $25+
for each roll to guesstimate what you think a really good price is.
If you don't score, keep the kingsmen place in mind.... my memory
isn't what it used to be, but I think that's pretty close to you.

Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva

Old April 19th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Everything on the Hancock's website and in their catalog and more is
available in the Paducah store. I'm not going to search for you-
their website drives me bananas! VBG Hope you can find it there....

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

On Apr 19, 1:56 pm, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" Karen @
PlayPianoNow.info wrote:
I was hoping Hancock's of Paducah would have something and I could have
Cindy snag it for me while she's down there. Does anybody know?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I buy the same thing as Rita- W&N at 50% off from Joann. Here's a pic
of the nifty way my hubby made a hanger for my bolt. He used closet
rod supports and a metal rod thru the bolt. I'm thinking the bolts
are sometimes 30 yards, as I recall paying $180 for the bolt and a few
spools of thread??? It's been about 2 years and I'm still working on
the same bolt.... but then I haven't been too productive.... but now
that I've learned FMing..... WATCH OUT!!! LOL- Hide quoted text -

Old April 19th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Coleen

Karen --

I called Hancock's of Paducah for you and they only carry it in sizes like
King, Queen, etc.

But I have a call in to a shop in Illinois that carries Quilter's Dream and
they are checking with the manufacturer and will call me back with a quote
on what a bolt of Quilter's Dream would cost. I will let you know when they
call me back. Maybe you and Cindy can make a road trip to pick it up?

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
(slowing coming out of winter hibernation from the fibro)