Orientals

Old March 23rd 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Orientals

On Mar 23, 12:58 pm, Suzie B
wrote:
If you have the Dear Jane book - a picture of this quilt is on page
37. I blatantly copied it LOL except i changed my setting squares to
blue. You are correct -they are log cabin and courthouse step
blocks. I used Electric Quilt to make paper pieced blocks and then
used 50 of the Dear Jane blocks from the book. My hand applique
skills are pretty poor, so I machine appliqued using a satin stitch
and rayon thread.

Its still stunning tho - love the colours!
Been drooling at your other quilts and dyed fabrics too - and as for
your sewing room, can I move in please? :-)

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the (undamaged end of the) pier!"
Southend, UK

I love my sewing room too! I purchased this house just because of
the loft area - perfect for all my sewing paraphenalia.

Old March 24th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Oh, lordy! Me too! I have a sweet stack of Oriental fabrics that I want to
use but can't bear to cut into. If you find something, let me know!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Alison" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 21, 9:49 am, "Boca Jan" wrote:
Does anyone else have an addiction to Oriental fabric? I can't keep my
fingers off it, and I have a bunch. My problem is I can't cut into it. I
haven't seen a pattern that I think will lend itself to the lovely prints
except for panel quilts.

Anyone out there like me?

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the

...me too, and I share your hesitance to cut into most of them. I have
a rather large stack at the back of my cutting table which is
threatening to fall over of all Asian fabrics. That being said, I have
a Hidden Wells WIP that is mostly in Asian fabrics - 8 of them to be
exact - which I am dying to finish.

Also check out 9 - Patch Pizzazz by Judy Sisneros for some interesting
ideas using Asian fabrics; also the Japanese Charm by Denise McKenna.
She teaches at one LQS near me, in fact the quilt is on display there
just now and they are doing classes on it over the next month or so. I
believe her patterns are available on-line. This pattern makes use of
7 1/2 " squares to show off the beauty of the prints.

Alison

Old March 24th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Wow, what a gorgeous setting! I love the log cabin setting squares and the
idea of using the Jane as a center medallion. This is something we Really
need to see again when it's finished! Pleeeese!
Roberta in D

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
I''d been collecting oriental fat quarters for a while. Like you, I
couldn't bring myself to cut them up! I finally took the plunge and
used them to make a modified Dear Jane quilt. I love they way it
turned out! It's still on the quilting frame but I am making
progress. Pictu
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...58679714YUbJaP

Old March 24th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Very pretty.