Batik Fat Quarters

Old February 19th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

Default Batik Fat Quarters

I will gladly help hide your plastic - just send it here and you won't be
able to use it :-D

--
Jessamy - whatcha mean I can't use it instead??? bummer.
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old February 19th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Try looking at www.batiksplus.com They have many groupings of fat
quarters. Also www.seawatchfabrics.com

Old February 19th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

but... but... but... I'm TRYING to be good..... LOL My new sm is
gobbling up my batiks just as fast as it can- after I chase Hoover (13
mo. old Golden Retriever) down and get whichever one he's carying
around this time. He's so funny. When I'm sewing and I hear his
rabies tag jingling against his collar buckle and he's growling and
dancing around I know he has another batik in his mouth. I have to
chase him down before he can sneak it out into the backyard. Did I
ever tell you about the time he came back in the house with *half* of
a bra in his mouth? He got ahold of my bra, snuck it outside and they
played tug-of-war with it until it broke in half. I'm sure my nosey
neighbor (He was out working in his yard and always looks over our
fence to snoop) enjoyed watching that- and Hoover left the other half
laying out in the yard! Sheesh! Then one of hubby's underwear was
found out there with BIG holes in it-- from another tug-of-war game.
Hoover is a charachter- and very hard on our undies and socks- but we
love him anyway!

Leslie & The Incorrigable, Batik-Toting Furbabies in MO.

On Feb 18, 9:21 pm, "
wrote:
vbg That Leslie!! She's a bad influence vbg Glad she's our
friend! ;-) Come on over and we'll load up the ridgeline and go on
down that way. vbg

Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva

On Feb 18, 8:49 pm, Taria wrote:

That Leslie has me lusting after that machine she just bought and now
you are hooked on batiks. We need to do a raid around there. Stash
and otherwise. Heck, I have even been looking for an extra furbaby.
Think she would miss one of them? We'll leave Mr. Collins for her
but other than that we'll show no mercy!

I have no other advice on batiks. I just keep trying to say no.
Batiksplus has some sale stuff and she cuts 40" yards but I don't know
how her prices are overall.
Taria

wrote:
Does anyone know of good prices on Batik Fat Quarters?? Either a
bundle or separately?? Need Batik... must have.... Leslie has taught
me well vbg

Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva- Hide quoted text -

Old February 19th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

:-))) I needed a good giggle!! Now my bookmarks blew up, so I lost
that fantastic ebay store that you shared with me that had all the
batiks.... are you going to share again? Or do Taria and I have to
drive down to your place to go shopping vbeg Somehow I'm suddenly
thankful mine are content to lay on their beds that I made them... yes
they each have a custom made quilted bed..... furbabies were meant to
be spoiled vbg

Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva

Old February 19th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

P.S.... DH says suuuuurrrreeee it was a tug of war game between the
dogs Leslie... suuuureeee nice cover story vbeg

Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva

Old February 19th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Ok, You can keep Hoover. I want one of the other furbabies.
That is a pretty funny story. Georgia sticks to socks. Lots
cheaper than bra's and batiks. That could get to be one pretty
expensice pooch.
So how are you liking that machine? Do I 'NEED' one?
Taria

Old February 19th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Jan- My fave eBay store for batiks and (some) notions is Siri
Hughes http://stores.ebay.com/Siris-of-California She has good
prices, is very fair on shipping charges, ships quickly and answers
emails promptly- and she is a very nice person, too. You couldn't ask
for more! And... if you and your Hunky Art are thinking my Hunky Mr.
Collins tore my bra in half (and blamed the poor dogs!) then thanks
for the giggle. Us old decrepit folks with arthritic hands would have
to use a butcher knife to accomplish that! LOL We will take that as
a compliment!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old February 19th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Thank you!! And I bought the dog story hook line and sinker..... it
was the Hunky Art that started giggling and saying sure..... ;-) I
think the stress of buying appliances and doing taxes is getting to
him vbg But I thought you would get a giggle back ;-)

Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva

Old February 19th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Taria-

Yeah, you prolly *need* to get one, too! VBEG I've only done a few
of the fancy stitches while playing around with it- no buttonhole or
satin stitch work yet. It's doing great on the batik PFP I've been
working on. I absolutely LOVE the larger area for the fabrics (the
PFP blocks are 16X20 in.) and it sounds so strong- and is quieter than
the 4800. It also has a much more "substantial" feel to it than my
old 4800. I LOVE the separate bobbin winder, the thread holders that
can accomodate the HUGE spools, the auto thread cutter, and the
presser foot knee lifter. Janome is known for poor lighting- one
sales point they used was that it has two lights. Well, one is behind
the auto threader so the lever throws a shadow. Sheesh! (We had to
make the hole in my sewing table larger since the 6600 has a larger
base on it.) I made my dealer throw in a ruffler attachment and the
special 1/4 in. seam foot that works with the Accu-Feed- it comes with
a regular 1/4 in. foot, but you need a special (and expensive!) foot
to use with the Accu-Feed. I'm VERY pleased with it- no buyer's
remorse at ALL!.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.