BOO HOO HOO! My sewing machine died!

Old November 18th 08, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Default BOO HOO HOO! My sewing machine died!

Hello everyone.

It's been a while that I've posted. Been busy sewing and stitching and
such!

I finally got daughter Lucia's flying geese quilt top all done. And
yesterday, as I was trying to sew together the back (I need to piece
several pieces), my machine got stuck in the reverse mode. That is, I
put the fabric under the presser foot, and sewed a few stitches and
then backstitched, and then it would not stitch forward anymore.
Machine got stuck in backstitch mode. So, being (almosyt)
resourcefull, I proceded to take the machine apart. I have done so
several times, so I am no longer daunted by the innards of the machine
and what I might find there. Unfortunately, the piece that's gone
snafu I cannot reach. And even if I manage to reach it using
acrobatics and torsions, I cannot fix it. It looks like some spring
has snapped. So, for the first time in about 40 years, this machine is
off to the shop. Yes, it's an oldie. A Husqvarna from before Husqvarna
joined with Viking. My dad gave this to my mom when I was about 4, and
now I use it and love it. I really really REALLY hope the sewing
machine guys can fix it at a reasonably price and time frame. I'd
really hate to have to buy another! I like this one! Of course, if I
do have to buy another, it will be another Husqvarna.

So, while I am sewingmachine-less (having withdrawal already and it's
only been 1 day!!!!) I guess my cross stitch will benefit.

What are your thoughts on a new machine? As in which models do you all
recommend?

Sigh!!! Guess I better get some work done today!

Claudia
Old November 18th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Fingers crossed for your machine. I have a soft spot for Husqvarna
too, they're very reliable. But I love my current Pfaff with the
integrated walking foot.
Roberta in D

Old November 19th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_5_]

What model Husqvarna is it?

My 6570 was stuck in reverse when I first got it. This is a very
common problem for the 6000 series if the buttonholer mechanism is not
used; the linkage freezes up and eventually won't go forward. Now,
sometimes it's due to a cracked gear, but in most cases it's from
buttonholer non-use. It can be cured, though. It takes time,
repeated sprayings of TriFlo, and gentle persuasion...

http://www.fixya.com/support/t269026...440_gets_stuck

-Irene

Old November 19th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Just when you have time, Irene, please explain to us what TriFlo is and when
it's safe for us to use it. Polly

"IMS" wrote What model Husqvarna is it?

Old November 19th 08, 09:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Model Combina II. According to the sewing machine ICU guy, this is
about 50 years old!!! He promised to have an answer for me this week
regarding price and if it can be fixed (since the model is so old,
they don't know whether they will have parts for it!

Claudia

On 19 nov, 05:08, IMS wrote:
What model Husqvarna is it?

My 6570 was stuck in reverse when I first got it. *This is a very
common problem for the 6000 series if the buttonholer mechanism is not
used; the linkage freezes up and eventually won't go forward. Now,
sometimes it's due to a cracked gear, but in most cases it's from
buttonholer non-use. *It can be cured, though. *It takes time,
repeated sprayings of TriFlo, and gentle persuasion...

http://www.fixya.com/support/t269026...odel_6440_gets...

-Irene

wrote:
[...]

Claudia- Ocultar texto de la cita -

- Mostrar texto de la cita -

Old November 19th 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_5_]

Poly, my apologies for not explaining that further! TriFlo is a
synthetic lubricant; it comes in an oil (which I use on all of my
vintage sewing machines now, instead of sewing machine oil) and spray
form. It penetrates practically any inaccessible area....and frees up
corroded nuts, bolts, bearings, etc. It's amazing stuff....!

About a week and a half ago I completed an advanced sewing machine
repair class (3 days worth of dirty hands but what fun!) after having
completed the basic class about four years ago; Tri Flow was on every
student's table.

-Irene

n Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:04:04 -0600, "Polly Esther"

Old sewing machine question .. EMDEKO machine NE Sailboat Sewing 1 January 18th 07 06:39 PM
Is ths a good deal? Grace Quilting Sewing Frame +Janome 1600 Sewing Machine bobbi Quilting 12 December 8th 06 09:18 PM
my new sewing machine dreamboat Quilting 9 December 11th 04 08:08 PM
used sewing machine [email protected] Quilting 3 December 10th 04 01:19 PM
my new sewing machine dreamboat Quilting 0 December 8th 04 05:15 AM